Chapter 3: Can't Let Go

{{ Jungkook }}

I don't want to think about what happened back at Namjoon's house.
Jimin was pretty nice looking, but I'm not even sure about him.

Will he search me down after this?
Will I ever see him again? Or will this be the last time seeing him and it's all over now?

While me and Tae walk to his house, I think about these things.

"Are you okay Kookie? You seem kinda out of it?"
Tae asked me while grabbing onto my hand trying to make me feel better.

"Y-yeah I'm fine, just tired that's all." I look at him and give a slight smile indicating that I was fine and nothing was wrong.

"Once we get to my house you can lay down and rest, okay?"
The smile on my face disappears as I look back at the grey colored pavement.

I've honestly never wished to get to Tae's house faster in my life.

{{ Jimin }}

Me and Hoseok finish up our conversation, I say my goodbyes, and I walk out the house.

It was a bright, sunny day.
Yet, I've never felt so stormy.

Thoughts were rolling around in my head, my heart was beating so fast I felt like it would race out of my chest.

Even thinking of Jungkook's name gives me butterflies.
I walk to the only place where I go to think and work out my feelings, the park.

I went to this park every day when I was young, my mother and father would take me to feed the ducks at the river.
I have a lot of wonderful memories here, but also bad ones.

Since I go to think here, there's been plenty times where I've broke down crying.

Not many people go to this location though, whenever I go here there's nobody to be seen.

I sit next to a tree where I carved my name in.
I start to gather up all my thoughts, but I can't help but think about him.

Why him of all people?
I don't even know him that well yet.

{{ Jungkook }}

"Kookie~ we're almost there c'mon!"
Tae grabbed my wrist and started to run, which made me run with him.

To get to Tae's house we had to go past this little Park where me and him used to play at when we were young.

About a block away from the park,
my phone went off, it was a text message from my dad...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

from: Dad To: Jungkook
Sent: September 4, 2016
5:37PM
"You BETTER be home by 6 O'Clock or you'll get it you brat!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I just stood still, dead in my tracks, looking at that text message.
My dad abuses me if I don't do what be wants.

"Kookie? What's wrong? Why did you stop walking?"
Tae asked me looking concerned.

I didn't say anything, I didn't want Tae to worry about me, so I kept my mouth shut.
"I have to be home by six... That's all"
I force a smile and I start to walk again, but Tae stood in the same spot he was in while talking to me.

"I know there's something wrong Jeon Jungkook, tell me."
I looked at him in shock, he sounded irritated and he had a quiver in this voice.

"Tae I'm serious, it's nothing."
I walk up to him and see tears running down his face. He was crying? But why?

"I worry about you so much, you know that right? I know you have a bad life and I wish there was something I could do to help.
I feel so helpless when it comes to helping even my best friend."
I lean in to him and give him a hug, patting him on the head telling him it was okay, that everything would be alright.

But we were interrupted a few seconds later.

{{ Jimin }}

After letting out all my feelings, I start to walk my way home.
But, suddenly I hear voices. They were quite close and they sounded familiar.

I walk towards the voices and I see two people.
I start to walk up the them and the closer I got, the more clear their images became.

Jungkook and TaeHyung...

My heart raced but I tried to hold in everything that was building up inside of me.
TaeHyung was crying, and Jungkook was hugging him.
Immediately, I become jealous, but I don't say or even do anything about my jealousy.

Jungkook's beautiful brown eyes looked up at me from the embrace that him and TaeHyung were sharing.

"What are you two doing here? It's getting late! Go home."
I say acting cool on the outside but wanting to just steal Jungkook and give him a hug as well.

They quickly break the hug that they were in and looked really awkward afterwards.
"Wh-where did you come from anyway?"
TaeHyung exclaimed while whipping away the tears that had fallen from his eyes.

"Since when was that YOUR business?"
I walk past them with my hands in the pockets of my jeans, bumping my shoulder against TaeHyung's while walking by.

As soon as I turned the corner all the feelings that I wish I left back at the park, came rushing in.
Hitting me all at once.

When will this kid stop haunting me?
It's only been a day and I've already lost control of my heart and mind.