Nothing More

"Amelia!' I scream. I quickly go down on my knees and pick Amelia up in my arms. "Em, wake up!" I yell again. I look around to see what she could have done. I find my bottle of pain meds in the sink...empty. "Shit." I quickly stick my finger down Amelia's throat. "Come on Em." I say. She finally throws up. She's half conscience of what happened. I take off her vomit covered shirt and throw it on the floor in my bathroom. "What happened to me Dakota?" She whispers to me. "Shh babes, you're ok." I reassure her. "I'm cold." She says. "Ok." Is all I say. I pick her up and take her to my room. I gently lay her down and pull the sheets up around her. "I got a message from him." She murmurs. I sigh. "Babes, it wasn't him." I tell her. Her eyes slightly open and then shuts them again. "I...love..." she starts. "You love what." I ask, but by this time she's already asleep. I shut off the lights and go clean the bathroom. I pick up Em's shirt and wash it with some water and hang it up to dry. I then take some paper towels and cleaner spray and clean the floor. I go back downstairs and find the David and Oliver eating. "Where is Em?" Oliver asks. I look at him and his face instantly changes. "She...tried to kill herself." I say quietly. "What?!" chocks David. "I went upstairs to find her and I found her in my bathroom. She took my anti-pain med and overdosed. She threw up. She's asleep." I say, my voice shaking. "She got a message from Jake's phone. I think that's what sent her over edge." Oliver nods. "Do you want to eat?" David asks me. "I'll just have a shake. I need to take a shower." I say. They both nod. I quickly drink the shake and head upstairs. I quietly open my door to my bedroom and find Amelia still fast asleep. I grab the clothes I need and go to the bathroom. I take my clothes off and get in the shower. I stand there, letting the water hit me. All I think about is Amelia. She tried to kill herself. She wanted to end it. Without knowledge, I am crying. WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE DO THIS?! God, why? I let out a huff of frustration and shut the water off. I get out and dry off I am putting my shorts on when I hear Amelia say my name. "Dakota?" I open the door and go to her side. "What's the matter babes?" I ask. She looks around and says, "My head hurts." I smile at her and say, "Yeah, I know." She plops back down on the bed and closes her eyes. "Can you stay with me?" she whispers. "Yeah." I say. I go to the other side of my bed and get in. Amelia instantly snuggles up next to me. She puts her hand on my chest and curls her fingers. "Where is your shirt?" She asks. "Uhhh...in the bathroom. You kinda didn't let me finish getting dressed." I tell her. "Sorry." She says. "It's ok babes." Amelia sighs and says, "I miss him." "I know you do babes. I hate seeing you like this." I tell her. "I'm sorry! I just...I just need him." She cries. "Shh, babes it's ok. It's a good thing you still remember him. You need that. As long as you keep his memories in your mind, he will never leave you." I say to her. I look down at her and see her eyes welling with tears. I kiss her forehead and hold her close. "I'm so grateful for you." She tells me. "I just want to see you back to normal." I say. "I know and I am so happy that you do. You know, you are just like a second brother to me!" I sigh and go alone with it. "I know. You're just like a little sister to me babes." I don't mean anything I say. I don't think of Em as a little sister, but if that's all she feels for me...then I'll keep it that way. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, this update would have been up sooner, but my computer went all stupid on me.... but here it is!! Please VOTE AND COMMENT. Please tell me what you think, because without this, then I wont know if you like the way the story is going. Thanks so much for reading and I hope you like! Ohhhh and on the side bar...is a picture of Dakota..shirtless! Yeah don't think I don't see you all smile!!