Moments Ruined

“I’m sorry Oliver! No, he told me not to tell!” I hear David yell. “Why the fuck did you keep this from me?!” I hear Oliver scream back. I look at Amelia and see that she is still asleep. I slowly slip away from her. She stirs. I pause and she falls still. I slip the rest of the way away and go out to the living room to where the yelling is. “Oliver, I wanted to tell, but the doctor said to give it time!” David says. “What the hell are you two yelling about?!” I yell over them. They both look at me and then to each other. “I gotta go.” Says David. He grabs his keys and heads towards the door. “Me too. We’ll be back at 5.” Says Oliver. He then follows David outside, leaving me standing there in confusion. When I hear the car drive down the street, I grab my phone and text Oliver. Care to explain the yelling? I put my phone down and go to the fridge. I pull out the leftover shake and drink it. I look at the clock and see that it is noon. I go to the living room and sit down. I turn on the TV and, being the amazing person I am, I turn it to SpongeBob. About fifteen minutes later, I hear noises coming from the stairs. I turn and see Em in a sweatshirt and shorts with her hair tied back in a low ponytail. “Hey babes.” I say. She walks over to me and plops down beside me. “Hey.” “Are you ok?” I ask her. She moves her hand to mine and swiftly takes the shake out of my hands. “Yep, I’m fine now.” She says. She smirks at me and takes a sip. “Hey, that was mine babes!” I saw in a childish voice. She giggles. “Sowy Dakota…” she says in a baby voice. “Holy crap babes, don’t use that voice! It makes you sound ten times cuter!” I tell her. She gives me a big smile and says, “Awight Dakota.” She then leans on my shoulder. I poke her side and she jumps. “Don’t! That tickles!” she squeals. I poke her underneath her ribs and she jumps again. She lies on my lap and scrunches up. “Please don’t Dakota!” she giggles/screams. I laugh and say, “Ok babes, I’ll stop.” She smiles up at me and gets situated on my lap. “You’re watching SpongeBob?” she asks me. “Yeah! You have a problem with that babes?!” I ask. “Nope, I want to watch this.” We sit there watching it. Amelia was playing with a string on my shorts and I was playing with her hair when my phone rang. “Ugg.” I groan. “Don’t move Dakota.” Says Em. “I won’t.” I say. My phone rings again. “Ok, I have to answer it.” I say. “Ok.” She says. I get up and look at my phone. I have three long messages from Oliver, then one from David. I read them in complete shock. “Dakota, is everything alright?” I hear Amelia ask. I turn and see her right behind me. “Oh babes, yeah I’m fine.” I lie. “Ok.” She says. She walks forward and wraps her arms around my torso. I instantly wrap my arms around her and hold her close. “What was that for?” I ask her. She pulls away from me and says, “I just really wanted to hug you.” She says. I smile and pull her closer to me. I kiss the top of her head. “You’re so random you know that right?” I ask her. She giggles and says, “Yep, I know!” “Thank you for the hug.” I tell her. She gently lays her head back on my chest and says, “You didn’t look ok.” “I’m fine, I promise babes.” “K.” she says. She pulls away and walks back to the couch. I grab my phone and quickly reply to Oliver and David. He’s right, she can’t know. I walk back to Amelia and pick her up and place her in my lap. I snuggle my face into her neck. Em wraps her arms around my neck. “Dakota, what is the matter?” she asks me. I muffle a little cry into her neck, but pull myself together. “I just hate seeing you like this babes. I want to see you happy again. I just…don’t know how.” I say into her neck. She holds me closer to her and says, “I am happy. Not as happy as I was, but I’m happy. I’m happy because of you Dakota. You care so much about me. You helped me this morning and I am grateful for that. Yeah, I wish Jake was here with me, but I love it here with you.” I take my face away from her neck and look at her. “Really?” I ask her. She leans towards me and kisses my cheek. “Yep!” I giggle at her and squeeze her. “Ok. I am glad you are happy babes.” I tell her. I would have enjoyed this moment, Amelia in my arms, but I couldn’t. Not when David and Oliver just dropped the biggest bomb ever onto me. I don’t know if I can keep it from her when I want her so much.

Hey guys! Wats up! Here is the new part! I hope you all like it! Please VOTE AND COMMENT. I have a few questions : What do you guys think about Dakota and Amelia? What do you think the texts to Dakota where about? Please Comment what you guys think. See ya next time!