Caller ID

The next couple of weeks continue on like this; me having ‘visions’ of Jake, Oliver forcing my pills down my throat and him walking around a guilty conscious. I honestly feel very bad about the whole pandemonium I am causing. I’m not lying when I say I see Jake, but I guess I am crazy. When I hear his voice…it is so real and so close, yet so ghostly and so far. I start my day like always, lying in bed, contemplating on if I have the strength or the will to get up and actually be a human. Today I don’t see the point in mopping over something that I cannot change, so I decide to get up and make myself presentable.

            I grab a towel and make my way into the bathroom. As I put the things down I catch glimpse of my foreign face. I had fairly dark circles under my eyes due to my lack of sleep. My usually tanned skin is a pasty, ghostly white and my face shows signs of dramatic weight loss, partly due to my medicines. I sigh and get into the shower. I wash my hair and body quickly and then just sit in the tub, simply thinking. What if I wouldn’t have been so stupid? What if I never over reacted…what if...all these questions over and over.

            I am snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the bathroom door. “Amelia?” I hear Dakota’s voice say from the other side of the door.

“Yes?” I reply back.

“Are you okay in there?” He asks, concern quickly filling his voice.

I quickly turn off the shower and get up. “Yeah, I’m fine. I was just taking a shower.” I say.

I hear him sigh a little, the say “Alright babes.”

I then hear him walk away.

I quickly dry off with my towel and wrap it around me. I go out into my room, searching for something to wear. I quickly find a blue dress with a lacey neckline. I slip that on and wrap my hair with the towel. I grab my makeup bag and walk back into the bathroom. I plug my phone in and put in on shuffle. The first song to play is Thnks fr th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy. (that’s seriously how you spell the song) I feel a sort of lift in my spirits. I put on my makeup and towel dry my hair, letting it down in my natural waves. I pin back my bangs and take a look at myself. Hidden. I have hidden the fact that I am dying inside by applying makeup and wearing things I used to. I force a smile and assume that I could pass as a normal teenager again. I grab my phone and make my way downstairs.

            “Hey guys.” I say as I enter the kitchen. All three boys’ heads turn and I see their jaw drop.

“Amelia?” says my brother. I nod, a little unsure of how to feel about them all staring at me.

“Yeah, it’s me…” I say quietly.

“You look amazing.” Dakota says. He walks over to me and wraps an arm around my waist. I smile a little and look up at him. He is about to speak when I am interrupted by my phone. I grab it off the counter and check the caller ID. I almost drop my phone when I see whose calling. I run up to my room and lock my door. I take a look at the phone again before I answer it.

“H-Hello?” I say shakily.

“Princess…” I hear Jake’s voice say.

       HEHEHEH! So?? What do you think??! Comment and like! It will mean the world to me!!! I love you all that have stayed with me...you have no clue how much that means! Untill next time my beautiul Angels!