Truth Must be Spoken

I feel Amelia jump a little from surprise. I am about to pull away, but she kisses me back! She tightens her grip on me and holds me close. I do the same. When I pull away, Amelia is blushing. I rest my forehead on hers and try to steady my breathing. “I’m sorry.” I say. “No, I wanted you to do that.” She says with a smile. I smile back. I then hear my door open and see Oliver and David in the doorway. “I knew there was something going on between you two!” yells Oliver. Amelia blushes and buries her face in my chest. I lift her chin a little and I give her a quick peck in the lips. “Eww, ok not in front of me!” Oliver screeches. Both Amelia and I laugh. I see David smile, but that quickly changes. I see someone behind him. “Shit.” I say under my breath. David gives me a look that confirms my suspicion. “Yeah Oliver, I am sure you knew!” I say to him. David pulls on his arm and I give him a go away look and he gets it. Oliver slams the door along with him. Amelia turns to see why in the world Oliver would slam the door after he was so happy a second ago. “That was embarrassing…” Em says shyly. I laugh and try the best to make my voice not sound uneasy. “Yeah, uhh it kind of was.” She looks up at me and smiles. “Look, Em, I didn’t mean to kiss you. I know that you may hate me now, but I had to do it.” I say to her. She pulls herself out of the hug and looks at me in my eyes. “I’m not mad. It just really took me by surprise. I thought you just saw me like a friend or a little sister.” She says. “No, I see way more. I see a girl who was hurt and broken and I wanted to be the person who mends you. I’ve kind of had a crush on you since the eighth grade. That’s why I was so willing to move away. I didn’t want to hurt you.” I tell her. She looks at me in confusion. “Why did you think you would hurt me?” she asks. I sigh, knowing that now was the time I had to be truthful with her. I take her hand and sit her on my bed. I kneel in front of her, taking her hands in mine, as I begin to tell her about why I couldn’t be with her. “I was a wreck back then. My mom just died and my dad was a drunk. He would get so drunk, that he would come into my room and drag me downstairs with him and make me serve him. I didn’t want to and if I didn’t he would yell at me and tell me I was a worthless piece old crap, just like my mom.” I pause, feeling tears form in my eyes. “I hated the yelling and I eventually started to be a piece of crap. That year I failed my classes, started smoking and drinking, and had one-night stands. I thought about you and how you and Oliver were my best friends and I wanted to stop…but I couldn’t. It was what I did. About a year later, my dad died and bam…I was all alone. I realized that if I continued to live like I did, I would end up just like my dad. So I just stopped. It wasn’t like I was addicted to drug, drinking, or sex, it was more like a thing I just did. I didn’t want to see you again because I was totally different. I still cared about you, but I needed to get my life back on track. Throughout the rest of my high school years, I focused on grades and football. I eventually made it to where I am now.” I finish. Amelia smiles at me and wraps her arms protectively around my neck. "“ I-I never knew that happened.” She whispers. I wrap my arms around her waist and hug her back. “That’s because I didn’t want you to know.” I tell her. “Does Oliver know?” she asks. “Yeah. I told him. If you forgot, we go to the same school.” I say sarcastically. She giggles and says, “I never would have judged you, you know that right?” she asks. I kiss her cheek and say, “Yeah I know, I just didn’t want to have you like me, and then I break you.” I tell her. “You wouldn’t. I know it.” I give her a smile, and then I quickly pick her up and hold her bridal style. I snuggle my face into her neck, inhaling her smell. I look up at her and see her blushing. I look to her wrist and see her charm bracelet from Jake. I smile at it. “Why are you smiling?” she asks me. “You have Jake’s bracelet on.” I say. “Oh…I can take it off.” She says. “No! I never want you to take it off! He was yours. I respect that.” I tell her. She smiles at me and gives me a kiss on my lips. “Your too sweet.” She says. “I know!” I say jokingly. She giggles and says, “So umm does this make us…something?” “Not if you don’t want it.” I tell her. If she said no, I would be fine with it surprisingly. She knows the truth and that’s all that matters. “I want to.” She whispers in my ear. I nod and say, “Well then, Amelia do you want to go on a date with me?” She rolls her eyes and says, “Yes.”

Heyy, sorry for not updating very often, I am super busy with school, volleyball AND softball. I will try to update whenever I can so please bear with me! THANK YOU TO ALL THAT READ MY STORIES!!! It means so much! Please don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT. Thanks guys!