CHAPTER EIGHT

double updates just bc HAHAH

The wind roared through her ears as she rode fast on the Vespa, not caring at all that she was in a dress. It added volume to her hair anyway, she thought.

She was there to impress, it would be the first party out of many Lex was to hold, so she might as well have made a good, if not lasting impression. So there she got off the Vespa, as the striking red gown she had sunk to the ground, the dip of fabric at the back exposing her whole spine to the wind of the coast.

The yacht that was previously used by the sole three of them merely an hour ago was now bustling with people, and there was a line waiting to get in. It surely wasn't a public party, but it awed her on how even people with invites had to line up to get in. But she was certain that she didn't need to line up, didn't Lex mention it earlier that day?

She walked up to the men at the entrance of the impressive boat and declared herself to them.

"Bella Karberg, I was just here earlier,' She tried to say as confidently as possible to the tall, buff people in front of her.

"Ma'm sorry but you will have to wait in line,' One of them pointed at the end of it, if there really was any since Bella couldn't see it.

Amazing, just amazing. She thought to herself as she predicted the party would well be over even before she got to the front of the line. Grimacing, although refusing to make a scene, Bella swallowed her pride and started her descent.

Then out of nowhere a particular Irish accent once again interrupted her foul mood.

"Now where is the princess of the night going to?' She whipped around to see Hux, in a stark white suit smiling widely at her, his arms open for a hug.

"The back of the bucket sadly, but thank you for saving me,' She accepted the hug and kissed him on the cheek.

"It's no problem, Lex would've killed me anyway if he found out I let his beloved wait in the damn line. Trust me I'm just doing this for my life.' His sarcasm apparent, they both laughed and Bella was relaxed and put back into a slaying mood. Then she noticed how loud Hux was when the guests, both men and women at the front of the line widened their eyes at his statement about her and Lex.

She straightened her back as the bouncer immediately buckled the velvet rope, and strutted her way through the door.

The yacht was decorated beautifully, all lit up and she was bewildered on how they managed do this in under an hour. They walked through, but all she was searching for was the pair of grey eyes that she knew quite well by now.

"Quite an eyecatcher, I must say,' Hux whispered to her, referring to the dress she had on, and she congratulated herself inside. It was exactly the reaction she was looking for.

"Isn't everything I wear though?' It was her turn to be cocky as she stared down every person looking at her.

"You and Lex are made for each other,' He remarked, 'Both arrogant twats in my opinion.'

"Shut up, you just haven't found one of your own,' The time she was spending with Lex suddenly a reminder, only a few weeks until being 'made' for each other no longer existed.

Then, she spotted him across the room, in a navy blue suit and polo; deep in conversation, if not slightly perplexed, with a man that looked unfriendly, and she walked briskly towards him not caring if she left Hux alone.

"There will be another attack if we don't act now. You have the resources to threaten him, but I know the way to eliminate him. Don't rely on this secretary; you have no hope in her to fund this assault"