CHAPTER TWELVE

WHY DOES HE LOOK SO DAMN FINE THOUGH IN THIS SHOT OFFERING SOMETHING like literally he could offer me a trash can and i'd still go crazy over it 

-

The dinner was surprisingly not talking about Superman at all, which Bella was slightly thankful for, but curious anyway. Lex seemed to casually glide over topics that were as light as ever, ranging from the trust fund he had contained or the Met Gala that he and Hux were invited to. Even Star Wars was welcome at the table they were at Hux being all giddy about the new movie, and Bella couldn't help roll her eyes at him.

By the time the atmosphere dimmed down, they were swirling their wine around their glasses, looking at how the magenta liquid which they doused themselves with, moved around. The conversation switching to more serious things to talk about, which particularly was Hux's love life. 

"You do know that I am poly-amorous!" He proudly declared, his tipsy side showing as he rose the glass, almost spilling the wine on the table. 

Lex and Bella laughed at him and shared a look at the fiery man in front of them. "Being poly-amorous does seem to suit you, I must ask however who are the lucky ladies? Or men if you are truly daring as I think you are."

Hux hung his head with a laugh, "You are correct, Bellassima, I do date both ways, if the two of you are interested." Lex shook his head with a smile and gave a chuckle to his best friend, and it confused Bella. Whatever he was feeling about the conversation she and Hux had, which he had previously listened to, he was masking quite well.

"No? Oh well, I am quite occupied with two as I can say," He downed the rest of his wine and poured himself another glass, "Her name is Rey, and she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, aside from you my darling, but another enchants my life!" Hux said with such Shakespearean attitude that it made Bella double over and start to laugh.

"His name is Kylo, quite unique yes? He has these dark beady eyes that keep staring down into me, and this raven dark hair that se-"

"Alright, lover boy, we get the picture, you got the one, or two?" Lex happily interjected, seeing the contented smile on his best friend's face.

"Funny Lex, you already got one as well." He said with a light tone, and pointed at Bella, who immediately cast her eyes downward in fear of catching his gaze. The universe was back at it again, teasing her with the prospect of true love. 

"A bore you two are, I'm leaving." Hux pointedly said, drunk, as no one replied to his comment for what seemed like forever. She got the courage to look up from her plate again and into Hux's seemingly eternal smug face. He got up and pushed the chair backwards, which Lex and her followed suit, to go greet him a goodbye. 

He seemed to drunk to care, but Hux hugged the both of them, whispering something inaudible in Lex's ear, which reciprocated no reaction but a guarded smile. 

"He loves you, I know it," He mumbled finally into her hair, his wine stained lips speaking of something she was both wanting and scared of. 

"Take care of yourself, the night is still young, but we don't want your bum ending up on the front cover of any French tabloids, now do we?" She joked to him, unable to reply to his statement. 

Hux gave her a nod and a salute, heading out the door with the coat in his arms, and leaving them in a silence that was so tense, a knife could slice through it. 

She headed for the bedroom, not wanting to make eye contact with him, and brushing his shoulder as she walked past him. The walk was a fast one as she immediately got out of her halter and shorts, replacing it with an old NASA t-shirt that had been laying around. Taking off her minimal makeup, and letting her hair down from the messy bun it was placed in, she got herself ready to sleep, or at least hoped to.