CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE.

Lex had this numb feeling inside him, it throbbed a little bit whenever he saw the color green, which was quite a lot since he was in the middle of the most beautiful sea he had ever seen, the hues ranging from the deepest turquoise, to the most vibrant green. It seemed a lot like her eyes, they never did decide on one hue. 

He also thought about her freckles, his own little galaxy, he would name a star after her, he swore. Nothing compared to the both of them, her really, shined as bright. 

Yet, he mostly thought about the way she loved him, the way dark things are loved, between the shadow and the soul. Like he was a teacup, fragile china, that she wouldn't mind breaking just to put the pieces back together again. It seemed so full of metaphors, she tried to compare him to everything and anything, maybe because he was her everything; but he mostly thought about how nothing ever compared to her although. 

He tried to miss her, but it didn't seem right, he could almost imagine the way she walked around the room he was currently in, the hut that stood in the middle of the sea. He didn't sleep either, he didn't dream, because that would be the time he would miss her the most because he wouldn't be with her. 

The bed dipped on the other side, as he turned, bringing the blankets with him. 

"What ya thinking about?" He faced the pair he was just thinking about, but he didn't want to admit it. Instead he looked at the neck he bruised last night, her smile happy with all the love bites, and it warmed him inside, that she instead had marks of him, than hands of another. 

"You mostly, I just think about you." He said vaguely in a dreamy voice, causing her to blush a little, the rosy cheeks she had procured from the heat of the El Nido sun becoming quite a complement to her complexion. 

"I do that too." She answered back, looking at him, putting her hand up to his face and caressing it, thanking God she didn't lose him.

Batman had tried, he was injured, and it was only the spear that ever worked. 

"I can't believe we're sitting in bed, midday, without anything to do." She told him, chastised their lazy ways, they had been here for a few days, and they didn't do anything but... love each other, which was what they needed. 

"You could do me.. or I could do you." He suggested cheekily, taking the hand, and fingering the ring she had, a small reminder of what a life they would start. 

"I frankly think we've done enough of that." She winked at him, and he smiled. 

They were silent for another while, just letting the quiet rush of the sea come into the sounds of their room, whilst they looked at each other, trying re-memorize a map they had already learned, they never wanted to stop learning. 

"Bella." He called her name out even if she was just right beside him.

"Mmmhm?" She murmured in response, abandoning the task of letting her fingers run through his chest, like a horse does on a wildflower field, and bringing them to her hand instead. 

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where." He started, a feeling of warmth welling up in the pit of his stomach, "I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close."

"I love you knowing together that we are grey, a complete, perfect mixture of one another."

inspiration from pablo neruda