CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

He zipped up the zipper at the back of her black dress, the silky material daring anyone to lay eyes on her, and the slit so high it made her skin shiver.

"This is a beautiful dress, thank you." She said to him quietly, turning around and fixing his tie. She had learned all about him over the year, the way he always lopsided his ties, or the scent he had carried around with him.

The apartment they had been staying at was in the center of Monte Carlo, reminding her of the experiences she had, but she tried to push them as far away as possible. It was beautiful, everything was up to par, and even more. He had taken care of her every need without her even asking for it, and for that she was almost feeling in a dream, not to mention, she never had to work again now that she was connected back to her family, which had quite a big trust fund.

"I know you're scared that you'll see him, but I promise there will be no such thing." He looked into her eyes, as she was busy fixing his suit, trying to not think of all the cruel possibilities that life would give her.

She simply smiled and looked up at Louis. She was slowly learning to let go of those months, no matter how much it hurt her.

Taking her clutch from the dresser beside her, she walked out of the room, with him behind, and she tried to lead him, lead herself from all the thoughts she had.

-

When they touched down in Metropolis, Bella had never been more scared in her life. Looking around the all too familiar surroundings, she almost shed a tear. The skyline, the park, it all made sense as it sank in.

They were riding in the limo, when she saw the apartment building that she used to live in. Nostalgia hit in her in waves, thinking how her old job related so much to it. Those late nights, after creeping back to her modest bed and sleeping on the thoughts of what she was doing.

She tried not to think about all of that, after all, it did her no good. She just kept thinking of Lex, and Lex alone. It wasn't that she gave up on trying, but she was with Louis now. He was patient with her, giving her the space that she needed, but holding her in when she felt like it.

"We're 5 minutes from it," He said quietly, putting his hand on top of hers, and she looked at him, his face just a pure mixture of admiration and defense. She gave him another smile, she was often doing that, and looked out the car window, into the city.

By the time the car had rolled up into the red carpet, she was about to faint. It would be her first time to one of these things, as she never had gone with Lex, and Louis' events were more of quiet and intimate ones. She could see the flashes of camera going of simultaneously, and she suddenly wondered how her eyeliner looked. And if he was there.

Bella clutched her bag even harder, and looked at Louis, who was busy talking to the driver in French, probably details of the time they would be picked up, or where. Then he finished, looked at her, and gave her a peck on the lips, and suddenly her stomach did a 360, they were next in line for the car doors to be opened.

It was opened on his side first, and he stepped out looking like the prince of everyone's dreams, she went hoping that she looked the equivalent princess part. He extended a hand out to her, and she took it, enveloping her small one, in the warmth of his.

"Prince Louis! Prince Louis!" Someone shouted, and all the flashes went off in her direction, as well as his. The all navy suit he was wearing made a few girls swoon in the crowd, but as she extended her legs out of the car, she had never been more fearful of a wardrobe malfunction.

They walked onto it, stopping every few meters for the pictures, wherein Bella wasn't sure whether or not to smile, so instead she just kept her head high and did whatever came into her head. Every once in a while, Louis would leave her for a solo picture, standing by as they took photographs of his new beau. The black dress she felt was working exactly how she wanted it to, the way it fell around her shoulders and dipped in the front and back, she felt like a true princess.

By the time they got to the end of the red carpet, the Met Gala was bustling with people, and her eyes were quite woozy from all the lights.

"You're a natural." Louis remarked from behind her, as they walked together and he put her hand in his. They were truly looking like royalty right now, and she pinched herself just to make sure everything was real.

"Only when I'm with you though." She said to him, nestling her head onto his shoulder, as they continued quietly, the only sounds to be heard were coming inside the auditorium itself.

She then suddenly felt very nervous, this was to be her life, wasn't it? Louis seemed the most serious about her, and she was in no doubt attracted to him too. But it kept running back to her, those grey eyes, or the way her body felt on fire when he touched her. It kept running back to her.

The way their lips didn't collide, but molded into one intimate mess. The way when they walked, their steps in harmony, she felt like they were the perfect song. The way he bit his lips when he laughed, and she swooned every time. Or when he did laugh, he was always fiddling with his hands, looking down as if he had something to be shy about, but she never found that one thing. The way he made her feel as if she was worth everything in the world, or how the world wasn't worth anything next to her. The way they would stay tangled in the white sheets sleeping past twelve, with him simply breathing into her, and vice versa, and him swearing the moonlight had never shone upon something so alike to love.

"I have got to go to the bathroom." She smiled at him reassuringly, feeling as if she didn't compose herself right now, she would break down, "It'll be two seconds."

He nodded as she released from Louis' touch, briskly walking towards the sign of the ladies' and entering the bathroom, immediately taking a grip of the sink. She looked at herself, Bella looked completely normal, beautiful even, but inside she was so wrecked. Peering down at what she was doing, she was oh so reminded of the first time she got a taste of what she learned to keep to herself, love.

After a few deep breaths, and some reassuring words that comprised of "it's okay, you're gonna be fine." over and over again, she finally felt she could go out. The bathroom door opened and she breathed in once more, ready to go out.

But the universe obviously did not have plans for that, as all she could see once again were those gray eyes. 

-

WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN

is she gonna be too hurt to accept him back ?? ;)) ;))

or hmm does she still love him ?? 

x belle