CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

pure fluff it's almost asphyxiating 

The sun set on the Metropolis highline, as Lex looked onto that beautiful sunset, along with the one already beside him.

He could feel her smile against the crook of his shoulder, as she traced the most random patterns on his collarbones, his skin tingling at her warm touch. 

They were trying to fall into place again, trying to make life as smooth as possible, and it was working. They had the relationship that she was just dreaming for. They were fire against fire, yes, but they were burning together. 

It was a few days after they finally, after exhausting months of both doubting themselves, admitted to what they thought were the most perverse. They had done nothing but lay in bed, maybe a little bit more than lay but that didn't matter. For days they were stuck in their own little bubble as they both ignored the endless phone calls and message notifications. Bella however did send a little heart and message to Louis, as he left for Monaco. 

They had been done with all those talks about feelings, about being sorry and forgiving. They were the main focus of their own relationship as of then. It felt almost too right to get back together on such a short notice. 

"What are you thinking about?" He asked quietly, joining her under the blanket, greeting a sight of her in one of his dress shirts. 

"Nothing in particular," She lied, she was totally engrossed in the topic, or at least subject of his triceps, and the smooth line that ran across determining his muscle. 

"Your pupils are dilated and your breathing is a lot more heavy than normal, there's no possible way you're thinking about," He put his hands to her face and made the quote, and quote gesture, "Nothing."

She laughed at his analytical ability, and scrunched her nose. Bella had way too much pride to admit that she was admiring his muscles so she instead, she said something quite the opposite, "I was thinking of getting a pint of Salted Caramel ice cream, and finishing it all by myself." 

He gave her a wide grin, "I'm pretty sure there's one more pint left." He said nonchalantly to her, his hands resting on her hip, it was cold outside the blanket, and all he had for heating was her body. 

"Exactly the reason why I'm keeping to all to myself." She replied, jested to him as she adjusted her long legs, removing hers from the tangle that was his. 

He moved closer to her, the blanket ruffling, and touched his nose to hers, "You wouldn't, couldn't, do that." 

His whisper made her smile, and as she almost went in for a quick peck, she whispered back, putting a small hand lightly on his face, feeling the 5'oclock stubble that he had, "Trust me, you do not know how much I would go through to get the ice cream." She paused to emphasize her words, raising an eyebrow in the process, "Last one who gets there.." She jumped out of the bed, landing on her feet with a huge smile on her face, "Is totally the 23793 other rotten pints of ice cream you forgot to freeze." 

She ran, towards the sizable kitchen in his suite, as she thought she had the head star, her hair whipping in her face, but she heard the soft, firm padding of his feet against the carpet. He was catching up, she knew it, but her smile only increased as so did her adrenaline. She ran faster, her legs starting to get sore. 

By the time Bella reached the kitchen, she was huffing, his suite was large in comparison to the distance she had estimated to run, but nevertheless, she hit the abnormally large freezer with a bang and scrambled to open the freezer. 

Only to see the pint wasn't there. 

"Bella, my darling, I left it out on the table to thaw." He said with a certain smugness that she wanted to slap, whilst he stuck a small spoon of the very pint into his delirious mouth. 

"Oh no, you didn't" She remarked to him, her hands balling to weak fists at her side.  She gave him a tongue out, her eyebrows furrowing in the process. It wasn't that she was trying to be cute, it was that she was desperate for that ice cream. 

He raised an eyebrow, sticking another spoon into his mouth, and she ran to him, knocking him over to the floor, the wind punched out of his lungs. 

Lex wasn't hurt or anything, he was exactly the opposite in fact, he wanted to kiss her so bad with this ice cream stained lips. "Of course, I did."

She lay on top of him, her weight balanced on his person, and she stuck a leg out to support herself, but he put his arms around her and pulled her back down. "You gotta share then." She said nonchalantly, her mouth so close to his. 

He sat up, his limbs attached to hers, so whatever he did, she did too. He fixed his position to an indian sit, which non-surprisingly put him in a position where she straddled him, Bella could tell however with the way the right side of his mouth turned up even just a little bit. 

She smiled at him, slightly bending herself into the hollow that was him, their bodies fit so perfectly it was almost unreal. Her skin tingled, felt electrified and numb all over as he ran his long fingers over it. Every time they made contact it felt like a round of ice water being poured onto her, and they did nothing but stare into each other's eyes and enjoy the feeling.

Lex on the other hand, couldn't remember the last time he had smiled so damn much, with no end. She was so intoxicating, her hair smelled like cinnamon and vanilla, and that was the end of what he was making sense of. Everything in his mind was a blank canvas, but her. She obscured everything else that he was thinking about, the way she felt against him, palm to palm, skin to skin, breath to breath and every other thing he could possible list. He could almost hear the cogs turn in his head as if to think of some pragmatic way to end this, but he knew there would be none. 

"It won't be sharing per se, you gotta do something to get it," He whispered to her as she dragged a finger across his jaw, her eyes focused on that aspect of his face. Then she darted his gaze to his own. 

"And what would that be? Breaking up with you again?" She teased him, her fingers still on his face. 

"Funny, I would think a spoon of ice cream was worth less than my heart breaking," He joked to her, putting her hand on top of his heart. 

She raised a perfectly arched eyebrow, giving a smile, then a giggle. What did this man want?

"Nothing, just give me a kiss." He bantered back, and he moved his face closer to hers as she dropped her hand, resting it on his thigh. 

"You're kidding right?" She bent her head back to laugh at him, "Lex Luthor, the guy who owns half the world, just asking for kiss? You are amazing." 

She collided her lips against his, and he could feel her smile grow wider. It was so romantic, so full of their happiness she almost died. She could taste the caramel on his lips, and she wanted the spoon of it yes, but she wanted to taste more of it on him. Her hands subconsciously weaved their way to his copper hair, entangling it in her fingers, as his own pair moved down to her hips.

Lex kissed her jaw, his wet mouth making its own trail along it, then moving to her ear which he nibbled, making goose-flesh on every square inch of her skin. His hot breath simply doing nothing but exciting her, making her elicit sounds, moans that urged him to continue. Their grip on each other tightened, and they were again, making out for the millionth time in the span of a few days. She giggled against each his cheek, making him laugh again, the thought of what was happening in her head making her slightly delirious, she couldn't believe she ever broke up with this man. 

There they were, on the floor of one of his countless rooms in the manor, straddling each other for what seemed like a very enjoyable eternity. 

"Promise me we won't break up," She started, as he moved onto her neck, before she would lose the ability to speak of any kind, "I'm definitely getting used to these kisses."

-

writing this waS JUST WARM FEELINGS ALL OVER OKAY

also yay for more (frequent) updates!!

but besides that WHO ELSE IS SO PUMPED FOR SUICIDE SQUAD HOLY SHITTTT

anyway haahah vote, comment, read idk!! thanks for 9.7k such a big number smh yall

x belle