~10~

Minah's POV

"Why did he do that? Why did he kiss me out of the blue?" I asked myself pacing up and down in my room.

If anyone could see me that moment he'd think I was a crazy person talking to herself. And to be honest I was feeling weird. 

I couldn't forget how gentle Namjoon's touch was and the feeling of his lips was the only thing occupying my mind for the whole night making my heart unable to find its regular beat again.

"How am I going to face him tomorrow?" I asked standing in front of the mirror staring at my reflection.

It's going to be so awkward. I want to ask him why he did that but I... I'm a little scared to know the answer. Many possible scenarios have crossed my mind since I left his house but I'm not sure whether I can handle all of them.

Maybe... maybe I should just forget about it and pretend like it never happened. The kiss.

The next morning I woke up with distinct dark circles under my eyes which gave away the fact that I barely slept the previous night. After visiting dad at the cemetery as I try to do everyday, I headed to the kindergarten hoping that Namjoon wouldn't be there today either. I wasn't ready to see him yet.

When I entered the classroom I quickly scanned every corner and let out a sigh of relief after realizing he was not in it.

"Nuna? You came!" Seojun exclaimed and ran to me hugging my legs tightly.

I picked him up and gave him my most warm smile before trying to understand why he reacted that way after seeing me. I came here yesterday and let everyone know I wasn't sick anymore so why would he think otherwise?

"Of course I came. Why do you look surprised?" I asked him and he furrowed his brows.

"Because hyung was here with another nuna earlier and I was scared she'd take your place" the little boy explained. "But I'm so happy you're here nuna. I love you so much!" he said before wrapping his arms around my neck squeezing me in a tight hug.

But the warm and cozy feeling that he's sweet words had given me disappeared after I listened to his next sentence, only to be replaced by an emotion that was completely strange to me. Something I had never felt before.

"Even if Namjoon hyung doesn't love you the most because he has someone else, you'll always be the best for me" Seojun said.

I already knew that I wasn't the most important person in Namjoon's life. Of course I wasn't because there is our sweet Haru. But why did I feel so weird thinking that he has another girl in his life except for his little sister?

I didn't know exactly how to describe what I was feeling but it certaintly wasn't a pleasant emotion.

Could this be what jealousy feels like?

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realize Namjoon had entered the room until Sol called his name. I looked at the direction she was heading to see the pink haired guy smiling at the little girl. And I would have just stared at his beautiful smile if the girl standing next to him hadn't caught my attention.

She was really pretty. A few inches shorter than me with pale skin and long black hair falling loose on her shoulders. She looked two or maybe three years younger than Namjoon and I.

"Guys, this is Hana. She's going to spend the day here with us so take care of her, okay?" he said introducing the girl to the children.

Just then Haru entered the room accidentally pushing Hana as she passed by her. Namjoon who noticed she had lost her balance held her arm in an attempt to prevent her from falling.

'He's done that for me before too' I thought remembering the day he came at the kindergarten for the first time and helped me because my leg was hurt.

Thinking about him treating other girls the way he treated me made me stubbornly want to ignore him. So I sneaked out of the room pretending that I had recieved a call on my phone.

For the rest of the day I kept avoiding those two and just stole glances of them smiling to each other and being close all the time. It was so annoying. The strangle feeling only got stronger as the hours passed.

At some point my eyes happened to meet his. He smiled at me with his dimples appearing on both sides of his lips, something that would have normally made my heart skip a beat. But this time, I just glared at him and pursed my lips trying to hide how annoyed I was by their constant interactions.

I walked out of the room feeling frustrated and kicked a trash can but regretted it right when I felt the pain on my foot.

"Are you okay Minah?" the familiar deep voice that I hadn't heard since yesterday asked. 

I turned to look at the person making sure it was Namjoon and pulled my arm away from his grip staying silent.

Namjoon's POV

Minah took a step away from me before crossing her arms on her chest. To be honest, she looked way too cute as she was pouting but I couldn't help feeling guilty. I mean, I had been decieving her in a way for the whole day.

I tried walking closer to her but only made her take another step back. 

Ugh I'm not sure whether I want to continue with this plan. Haru thought that bringing Hana here would help us realize if Minah has any feelings for me. But after seeing her acting like this I guess she doesn't...

"I'm sorry" I said almost in a whisper and lowered my head.

"Yeah you should be!" she suddenly raised her voice looking as determined as ever. "I mean why did you kiss me when you already have a girlfriend Mr Kim?" she asked and I just stood there a bit shocked.

Is she actually jealous?

"I spent the night thinking about you yesterday and I only managed to sleep for two hours because my mind was so confused. And when I was desparately trying to find a way to face you, you showed up with someone else here today" she said looking straight in my eyes.

"You were thinking about me?" I asked trying hard to suppress my excitement.

"Ye-Yes but that's not the point here" she said, her voice becoming weaker with each word.

Feeling my confidence rising suddenly I started walking towards Minah but she kept taking steps backwards.

"Wha- what are you doing?" she stuttered and her cheeks turned red again, only this time I was sure it was because of me.

Just then, Hana showed up.  

"Oh, am I interrupting something? I'm sorry, please continue" she said. "I'm Hana by the way, Taehyung's sister" she smiled and opened the door to get back inside.

I turned to look at Minah. The shade of red on her cheeks had become deeper causing my heart to start beating like crazy. 

"If you're still confused, I'll help you" I said trying hard to resist stealing a kiss for the second time. "I'll make you fall for me Minah. Just wait" 

She blinked her eyes a few times in an attempt to grasp what I had just said and I turned to leave. If I stayed a bit longer my heart would have exploded from embarrassment. 

But of course as I was heading to the door I tripped almost falling on the ground. Mentally face palming myself I entered the classroom after listening to Minah giggling because of my clumsiness for one more time. 

And it was going so well...