Chapter 10

Nolan gazed into Lane's aqua eyes—every bit as lovely as always, yet somehow more so in this moment. Lane's fingertips grazed Nolan's hips with quiet hesitation, as if he were testing something new and potentially frightening. The urge to crawl into his lap was nearly more than Nolan could resist, but he didn't want to scare him away, push him back into his "straight-boy" box. Maybe Lane Cassiter was simply overwhelmed by the sexual tension and not actually venturing out of some proverbial closet, but even if this were a momentary illusion...Nolan intended to prolong it until he was forced to let it go.

"Why are you making this so...pleasant for me?" Lane wondered quietly, sincerely. "I don't deserve this."

Inching a little closer and sitting on his heels between Lane's legs, Nolan rubbed his hands up Lane's chest. "A few hours ago, I might have agreed." He leaned in and softly kissed his throat. "But not anymore." He caressed his fingertips along his jawline. "There's more to Lane Cassiter than meets the eye. I know this now."

Lane pressed his fingers into Nolan's warm skin, holding his hips a fraction tighter. The man hadn't lost his erection—evident in his stiff cock standing rigid and erect between them. Lane's head sank forward slowly until his lips touched Nolan's shoulder. He trembled, his doubt and nervousness seeping out through his touch.

Just a very short while ago, Nolan had determined it was best they maintain their natural roles...yet he had then proposed they forget that they didn't like each other and enjoy one another. He wasn't clear on his motives. Wouldn't it have been better to keep a safe emotional distance from this man? Here he was, though, making up to him like this was a real date, like Lane Cassiter was a real "option". Much like Drew, Nolan had always been careful not to take things much further than sex, keeping his heart well-guarded. Unlike Drew, he wasn't opposed to falling in love. But he knew better than to throw his heart at each and every man he took into his bed. Especially this man.

I'm not exposing my heart to him, he insisted. We're just having a good time. That's all.

Lane tentatively slid his hands around Nolan's slender hips and flattened his palms against his lower back. His fingertips hesitantly brushed the upper swell of Nolan's ass cheeks but ventured no further.

Shivers raced through Nolan and he gently sucked Lane's earlobe as he stroked his hands through the man's hair. "It's okay," he whispered. "You can touch me." He kissed the soft skin below his ear, his breath unsteady, heart pounding. "It's just us here...no one else. No one will see." He swallowed and hugged his head to his shoulder. "No one will know that you like how I feel in your hands."

Lane tensed as if prepared to deny that it was true. The protest remained silent, though, as the tension began to fade from his body and, with nervous uncertainty, slid his hands lower to cup Nolan's small, firm ass. His grip was light at first, anxious, as if he might suddenly jerk his hands away, mortified by his own actions. Then his fingers squeezed—just a little—securing a stronger hold.

Yes. Nolan gently grasped Lane's hair and pressed kisses to his neck and shoulder. Hold me tighter.

And he did. His hands melded around Nolan's cheeks, gripping with heightening desperation. He shifted his head and his lips grabbed hesitantly at Nolan's neck...then with more confidence as his hot mouth was suddenly sucking skin, teeth tugging and raking.

Nolan gasped quietly and clutched his head tighter. His cock began to throb harder as Lane pulled him closer--and lifted him into his lap. "Yes, baby..." Nolan whispered thickly and squeezed fistfuls of Lane's strands, his body igniting as their hard members rubbed together. "Yes..."