The Clue ~Thomas

"Y/n? Are you feeling alright?" Chuck asks when he sits down next to you. You're sitting in front of one of the entrances to the Maze, waiting for Thomas to arrive. It's taking him longer then usual to come back, but that's probably just because he saw something he took a closer look at or he went deeper into the Maze then usual.

You sit there for almost half an hour and you know the maze is going to close any minute now. You start getting nervous and almost staring at your watch. What is taking him so long?! You hear the infamous sound of the maze closing for the night. You quicly get up and the Gladers start gathering around the entrance.

You see a dark figure running towards the huge group of Gladers, and even from this distance you can tell it's Thomas. The other Gladers see him approaching as well and start chearing for him to run even faster. You join them.

"C'mon Thomas! You can make it!" You yell at your boyfriend, who is almost back. There's only half a meter left between the two doors, and right before they close, Thomas runs through them and falls to the ground before your feet.

He's breathing heavily and you let yourself fall down to your knees and take him into your arms. "Thomas! You scared me!" You say with tears rolling off your cheeks. "I'm so incredibly sorry princess. I didn't mean to scare you like this. You know I would never leave you." He says with a concerned expression on his face. "Come on. Lets go somewhere we can talk with each other without anyone listening in."

You nod and follow Thomas who's already back on his feet. He leads you towards the woods and you follow him without a hesitation. When Thomas thinks you're deep enough into the woods, he stops walking and turns around to face you. "I have something very important to say y/n." Thomas starts. "What is it?" You ask curiously.

"Around lunchtime, I crossed a corridor I cross almost every day. It was always the same, but something told me I had to go in and take a look. So that's what I did. At first, there was nothing, but I noticed a small frame on one of the walls. There were nine letters written on it: A - C - H - D - R - X - V - K- T. I guess they stand for the nine sections of the maze, but I'm not entirely sure."

You think about it and realize he's probably right. They could mean something but what?

"Maybe we should tell Minho. He's been here for three years after all."

Thomas nods and follows you towards the map room in the middle of the woods. Minho is inside, as expected. "Minho? We need to talk to you about something!" You say loudly so Minho can hear you.

Minho opens the door and looks at you. "Hi queen of sass! What do you need your king for?" He says with a grin on his face. You roll your eyes and walk inside the map room.

"Thomas found a clue today." You say with a huge smile on your face. "What?! You're only telling me now?! I'm very disappointed in the both of you!"

Thomas sighs and rolls his eyes. "It was a small frame on the wall with nine letters written on it."

Minho's eyes grow big when Thomas tells him about the nine letters. Does he know something he isn't telling us?

"Did you say nine letters?" "Yeah why?" Thomas asks confused.

"Somewhere last year, the box brought up a metal frame with nine letters written on it. I figured it had something to do with the Maze, but I don't know what." He says. "Well, I guess you found a real clue Thomas."

You say before kissing him on his cheek.

----------------------------------------------------
A/N: this chapter isn't that good, I apolagize. But, I have a lot of inspiration for the next imagine, which will be a Minho imagine! See you guys later! Love ya!