Proposal ~Newt

It was already late at night when you noticed the letter on your bedside table. You were just back from getting a bottle of water when you saw it. You opened it and inside was one sentence.

Meet me at the slammer

You know someone must've put it there when you were gone. You sigh and put on your soft sweater, a pair of skinny jeans and your converse hightops.

You turn off the light in your bedroom and silently leave the homestead. When you reach the homestead you don't see anyone. You sigh and turn around, ready to go back to bed. You hear someone walk behind you and when you turn around again you see Gally a d frypan standing there with a huge grin on their face. They are holding up a sign. You walk towards them and look at the sign. It says:

First kiss

You ask them what they mean, but they just smile and raise their shoulders. You sigh and walk into the woods, to the place where you and your boyfriend Newt had your first kiss.

When you reach the spot you see Thomas and Chuck who are holding up a sign as well. This one says:

First fight

You shiver while thinking back to that moment. The place is a little bit further into the woods so you walk over there. When you arrive, Minho and Alby are waiting for you with yet another sign.

First "I love You"

You smile at your best friend Minho and walk to that magical place. It's kind of a long walk since it's behind the homstead and you're in the middle of the forest, but you're pretty sure Newt will be waiting for you there.

You walk over the Glade and when you arrive at the homestead, there's a path of rose peddles leading towards the back of the building. You follow them, curious to where they'll bring you.

You see Newt standing there with his back facing you. When he hears your footsteps he turns around. "Y/N. You're here." He says with a happy smile. You smile back at him and nod. There are atleast twenty candles surrounding the two of you and they give the place a magical feeling. "Do you have any idea why I made you walk past all those places?" He asks.

You raise your shoulders. You really have no idea. He chuckles and walks closer to you. "It's because I wanted you to remember them. For a special reason." Newt says. You still don't know what he's talking about.

"I don't get it. Please explain me what's going on Newt." He sweetly smiles at you and gives you a kiss. "Okay."

Newt takes a step back, reaches in his pocket and when he pulls his hand back, he's holding a small, black box. He opens it and reveals a beautiful ring. You gasp. You never expected this would ever happen to you. Ofcourse, you dreamed about it, but that's different.

Newt sits down on one knee and holds the box up. "Y/N. I want you to know that I love you. I have loved you ever since you showed up here and made every single day a whole lot more brighter. I think you're the prettiest, smartest, talented, sweetest and funniest girl in the entire universe and when you said yes to me, you made me the happiest man of the universe. I want to share the rest of my life with you. Even if it's here in the Glade." He says you feel tears of happiness stream over your cheeks. "So Y/N. Would you please do me this honor, and marry me?"

You don't know what to say so you just nod your head. Newt smiles and takes the ring out of the small box. He takes your hand and shoves the ring around your finger. While you're staring at the ring Newt stands up and wraps his arms around you. "I love you so so much Y/N." He says. You burry your head in his neck. "I love you too Newt."

The moment is abruptly ruined when you hear an 'aaaawhhh' coming from behind you. You both look up, only to see the other Gladers standing there.

"I'm assuming she said yes?" Thomas asks. Newt smiles brightly and nods his head. "Yess!" The Gladers shout. You chuckle and give your best friend Minho a hug. "I knew you'd say yes." Minho says.

"You know what this means right?" Alby says. You and Newt look at each other. "We're throwing a big party?" Newt proposes. "That's right." Alby says.

The Gladers organise an awesome party and everyone congratulates the two of you. You and Newt have an awesome time at the party and the next day, you immediately start planning everything for your upcoming wedding.