Chapter 10

When Ruby and Alfred got home, Ruby used the hidden spare key to get into the house. She put it back in its hiding spot and the two walked in. "Sorry its still a mess in here." Ruby whispered as she moved a box out of the way. "We haven't really found the time to completely unpack yet..."

Alfred chuckled and sat on the sofa. "It's fine. Me and my family still haven't unpacked all our stuff from the summer." 

Ruby giggled and pulled her hair back into a ponytail. "I'm gonna change into some more casual clothes." She said, starting for the stairs upstairs. Alfred nodded and Ruby went upstairs and changed into a mint v-neck t-shirt and knee-length dark denim shorts. She came back down and sat on the sofa next to Alfred. "Would you like to see the twins' room?" She whispered. Alfred nodded and they went upstairs.

Alfred saw all the little farm decorations and chuckled. "This is honestly the cutest thing I have ever seen." 

Ruby smiled and nodded. "I helped paint and get the decorations. You wouldn't think it, but its pretty hard making baby blankets that are still gender neutral." She whispered and went to the closet and pulled out a green and a brown crocheted baby blankets. "I've been working on the green since mama first told me she was pregnant... and then when I was done with it, she told me it was twins, so I started on the brown one... we didn't know the genders and it would pretty bad if I made two pink blankets and it turned out like it is now, two boys. This way, it doesn't matter if one is a surprise girl or not."

Alfred felt the blankets and smiled. "These are pretty thick, and all the stitches have a pretty consistent tension. Good job."

Ruby looked up at him. "Do you crochet?"

He shook his head. "Mom just started knitting and crocheting and I read one of her books out of boredom during last week's power outage." Ruby giggled and nodded. She folded up the blankets and put them away and lead him back downstairs. 

They sat back down on the sofa and Ruby gave him the remote. He kissed her head and turned n Netflix. "What do you wanna watch?"

She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. "Something with romance.... or comedy...."

"How about Mamma Mia?"

"Seen it too many times."

"Groundhog Day?"

"Not in the mood."

"Clueless?"

Ruby looked up to Alfred and smiled. "You read my mind."

He smiled down at her and kissed her nose. "Of course." 

Ruby giggled and got up. She went to the kitchen and made a bowl of popcorn. She got a blanket and brought the stuff back to Alfred. He helped her and they cuddled under the blanket.