Chapter 30. Water And Fire

As we continue on our escaping.Sometimes we need to stop for a second because he is catching up his breathe without any conversation at all.I think it would be better with no talking so he can concentrate and I can make adjustment to endure the pain in both side of my neck.I closed my eyes since I can't stand to see the sorrounding,we're too fast.I have this feeling that it will be more easy for him if he will transform into a wolf form and sit on his back rather than carrying me by his arms but I think he knew it would not be comfortable for me.

Kian?

Yes?as I answered him and opened my eyes.We are in a deep forest already.

I have to tell you something.as he stop and said.

What it is?

We have to jump a river to washed away our scents and lost our tracks to all the rogues who are behind us so they cannot follow us.as he explained

Okey,are we far from there? Asked him aslo.I just can't stand the darkness anymore.

Yeah,in this human form I can take you there in an hour or two.

I see...an--d im sorry if im not helping you in the easy way.apologetically I said

He pressed my shoulder a bit and said.

No problem to me at all.And after the river we need to dive a little deep to the entrance in our way.He looked into my eyes and took my shoulders.even if I don't have any powers of an Alpha now I can still take care of my family.he said it full of confidence.

And it really touched my heart so much.I almost cried and if maybe in a different situation im going to embrace him but now I still can't do that.My conscience bugging me,it shouting and crying back in my mind.

You are the reason of his misery!!!

His Misery!!

We have to go now.as he said releasing my shoulder.

I just nodded and prepare myself again to our journey.It was only the moonlight that I can used to see him but when the wind blew and tress branches covered above us it was totally dark.

He carried me again and this time it was not too fast.Maybe the way is just so hard for him while carrying me.

Until,

We are here.he announced and he put me slowly down again.

All I can see is the moon reflecting from a river and the waters flowing down below.We are in a mountain cliff!I'm not adventurous even once in my entire life and I have to jump in this very high mountain?!

Maybe Jervis read my mind and made me face to him.

Don't worry it will be fine.You can make it.I'll help you.he assured me.

I just doubtly nodded and closed my eyes again so tightly.I feel I like to vomit and it feels like my soul started to separate into my body.

Ready?he asked me again.He grabbed my waist and put my arm to wrapped around him.

I was only thinking that we are together and after what had all happened to us,to me,to him specially I feel a little bit contented that no matter what life ahead of us even I know he choose me over Marie because of our child,not because he love me too like I do.My life never enough for me to live.So I choose to cherished it,to be satisfied with the rarely moment to be with him alone.To be only the Three of us.

Yeah!...only the Three of us because I know my child will be born soon and that precious moment after could be possibly without me.But atleast I know my ordinary life,became a part of something extraordinary things, that created a family of extraordinary people.

FAMILY!My very own Family.cried my mind.

Yeah..as I answered him.Looking to his face through the moonlight.

Okay,,,here we go!

And we jumped!

And it was like jumping from the highest mountain to the deepest sea! I think in any moment im gonna faint.Oh dear!!....shouted my mind

Water splashed but not too loud like it supposed to be,I guess?And the water is so cold,it made me shiver but it helps to minimize my neck pain.But in my weak condition I am easily affected.I could feel numbness in some parts of my body immediately.

I'm shivering and really in need of something to warm me up and Jervis couldn't help me.The water current is too strong and he has no choice but to transfer me on his back to manage to stay us float in the water.

Hold on Kian,we can make it...Just hold me tight.

I'...m trying my best!

I'm sorry,we have to stay in the water and follow the river flows.

And when I thought I'll be passed out by the coldness,things turns to other way around.

Ahhh....!.i screamed

Kian,what's wrong?

Ah...ah...my ne---ck!

Why?as he continued asking worriedly.

It's killing me,oh my God!

He quickly removed us from the river and put me down on grassy ground.Can you tell me exactly what's going on in your neck?he concerned asked to me trying to get my attention.

Oh Jervis,please help me?!I was desperately crying for his help.I don't know anymore what to do and what is happening to me.

Oh,Kian..as he hugged me.I would do everything I could to help you..

I couldn't speak right away,it needs me to swallowed some saliva.

From my ne--ck down to my be--lly,its burning like I was in the middle of the fire.as I said hardly to him.And it gets worse when my belly stretched.Still i can't see anything,I just can feel it everything and I can't take it anymore!