Chapter 22

Maddy's POV

I took a deep breath and smiled at Harry, who was waiting for me in the car, before I rang the doorbell and waited for anyone to open the door. I'm nervous. What if they already moved away and don't live here anymore? What if they don't recognize me? What if they don't want me anymore? What if they don't love me anymore or never have loved me? What if Holly lied about the address? Before I could answer all those questions in my head a beautiful young women opened the door. Ha ha, did you hear me? That women is my mother Angelica.

"Hi, can I help you?" My mother asked and I frowned. She is acting like I'm some stranger. I will decribe my mother to you. She has brown hair with brown eyes and a lovely smile. She is an amazing mother and I can see myself in her but I have no idea what's wrong with her right now. "Yes, I-It's me Madelin Jolley. Mom? I was told that I could find someone here. And I-" I was cut of by my mom who was now crying and hugging me.

"Madelin, oh my god. I am so sorry I just..I'm afraid okay? I'm afraid of what you will think about your father. He is truly an amazing man, he changed. Please just give him a chance okay? Would you like to come in?" She almost begged me and I smiled and nodded.

We walked together to the living room and we both sat down on the couch next to each other. She face me and smiled at me, scanning my features. Her smile is cute and so bright! It's refreshing to see. I haven't seen her like that in a very long time. It's nice! It makes me happy. But, why is she so happy? Not that I mind but, it's kind of weird. "How have you been Maddy?" She asked and I grinned at her. "I'm great, thanks for asking mom. I haven't seen you since yesterday. I kind of hoped you knew how I was doing. How are you doing? Why are you so happy? When is my so called father coming?" I asked her and she just kept on smiling at me.

 How are you doing? Why are you so happy? When is my so called father coming?" I asked her and she just kept on smiling at me

"I'm fine darling. Don't worry about me baby. And please, take it easy on him. I know it might take a while to trust him but please just try. He really did change. He is better now, he is out of that dark period he was in. I don't expect you to be close to him all of a sudden but just try okay?" She begged me and I looked down at my lap. I feel bad for her. I mean, she once lost her husband and the father of her child. I told her I hated him even though I've never even met him. She just wants me to accept him but it's not that easy.

It's sad.

"Alright, mom. I-I don't even know where to start. I have so many questions for you. Things like 'what happened' and 'what about my sister Holly', could you please explain it to me? You didn't want to do it the last time I spoke to you and I've decided that I really need those answers. If you want me to accept him then please give it to me. Plus, I really want to know what you are doing here." I asked her and she sighed before answering me.

"I will explain it to you my dear. I have been back together with your father for a while now. I know that I said all those things about him to you. I just wanted to protect you! He really did change Maddy. And about your questions, I don't know the whole story but your father does. He should be home in a few minutes. You can ask him. And about your sister, I had her with somebody else. That means that she is your half-sister, I'm her mother but your father, Damon, is her stepfather and that's maybe why he is so cold towards her. But please try to stay away as far as possible from her. She can be dangerous and misunderstood sometimes. Don't worry about it. I know this whole thing might be a big shock to you and I can't imagine what this must be like for you. " She explained and the only thing I could do was nod.