The apperance

Jace tightened his bow tie looking at himself in the mirror his long golden hair fell behind his ears gelled back. He looked presentable but to girls he looked handsome. Jace shrugged and ran down stairs to met the others to go to the ball. Alec was waiting with Isabelle tying his shoes Jace joined them together they went through the portal to the annual institute shadow hunters ball.
They were late luckily they used a portal they arrived in the middle of the room they blended with the crowd of other shades hunters all dressed nicely. Maryse started to talk to the other shadow hunter adults whilst izzie and Alec walked to the drinks Jace walked up to his friends Jacob and Connor. Both students at the institute. " seen any hot girls yet Jace? " Jacob said looking around. Jace ignored him Jace bad never really seen anyone that attractive to him , they all wore mainly Plain dresses in Jace's option didn't suit them. A bunch of shadow hunter girls walked up to them laughing as they looked at Jace. Jace had always attracted girls he was always flirted with. He would never flirt back. Suddenly the door opened a girl came out Jace stood their shocked not because she was very late because she was so beautiful. He glanced at Jacob he was thinking the same thing. Everyone really was thinking it the whole room paused and started at the amazing brunette girl smiling shyly at everyone. Her dress grabbed her amazing figure and her long hair sat on top of her head in a satisfying bun. " is that Emily lightmen? " one of the girls said. But Jace wasn't listening he was staring at her still . Amazed. So did everyone else. ( music when she walks in 😻👇🏽 )

She looked around the room laughing to herself . She was obviously used to this amount of attention. No wonder. Traditional dance music came on meaning the ball room dance was starting . Jace was staring at the girl she stood under the chandelier , a bunch of guys approached her asked her to dance .  Jacob said " now that is what I call hot " he ran to her. She didn't seem to flattered she looked around the room she made eye contact with Jace she stopped and smiled. Looking away she grabbed one of the guys hand like a lucky dip and he guided her to the dance floor. During the dance they switched around
( music for dancing 👇🏽😆 )

Jace was also popular grabbing the same a random girls hand he felt her blush but he didn't care he was looking at Emily laughing talking to her partner. As they rotated Jace was one rotation away from Emily. But Jacob hoped in front and slide through and danced with her. Jace laughed to himself since when did he act like this ?
* * *
Emily looked at herself in the Mirror her dress shoes her fit body well and her high bun was neater than expected. She looked at the time and knew she was late she didn't mind no one to impress there really. Emily lived with her older brother Mike he was already there at the ball he told Emily to go with him but she wanted to stay and fix her hair. She had it down bun wanted a change and put it up. She grabbed a cab to the ball and ran at the door and pushed it open. Everyone stared she didn't know how to act so she just held her breath. She laughed to herself  EVERYONE was looking at her. They either knew who she was or they didn't and wanted to find out. Some music started playing she didn't recognise but lots of boys came up to her asking her to dance she was used to this attention. But never had any boy really make her nervous anyway. She looked around for her brother. She noticed a golden haired boy stating at her. She laughed to herself again why can't boys like him ask her to dance? Ow well she thought and she went away to dance.
* * *
After the dance there was a dinner Jace noticed the girl and Izzy talking and laughing. Izzy didn't laugh much so this girl must of been funny. He sat next to Alec at the table along side the other lightwoods. Izzie sat across from them dragging the girl with her. The girl sat down Jace didn't know how to act so he ignored her. The whole dinner the girl talked to Alec and Izzy telling them about how her and her brother grew up in Scotland. The girl was actually very attractive in more ways than one. She was smart and very funny. Jace tried to play it cool stuffing chicken in his mouth to stop laughing so hard. Izzie and Alec didn't they laughed so hard Jace thought they would fall off their chair. Mayrse asked her finally " so Emily lightmen what's it like being in New York? " Emily that was her name. Izzie probably already knew that. Everyone probably already knew that.How did everyone know her? " well " Emily started " it's very nice the parks are so big I like it here " she smiled along with the lightwoods. Suddenly a group of vampires came through the door everyone gasped Jace turns around standing up ready. The leader spoke " Emily lightmen , in New York ?? " Emily stood up " yes ? What's it to you ? " . " this is our ground you must leave " the leader said with anger. " not happening even if I have to fight you for it" . The leader of the vampires said " you will " he said as he and his vampires growled. Emily just rolled her eyes " won't be long " everyone stared in astonishment. She was walking up to them in her dress without any weapons in heels ?? " I've always wanted to see her in action " said Alec surprisingly. Jace didn't expect to much how good could she be?

" ready to prove how much your worth ? " laughed the vampire . " always " said Emily grinning . And they were off Emily did things so fast yet gracefully picking with great strength flipping in between. Jace had never seen a shadow hunter so talented taking on so many vampires. When they were all down looking like pushed over dominos. People clapped others stared. Emily walked back as if nothing happened. Jace and the others stared in shock. " now THAT is a hot girl " Jacob muttered to Jace. Indeed Jace thought and its Emily lightmen.