The invite

As the ball ended everyone left through portals waving farewells. A bunch of students from the institute stayed behind talking to Emily. "How did you do that? Without any weapons I mean " yelled a girl around their age trying to over talk all the other people. It was like a paparazzi and Emily was the star. She laughed " well I guess I was extra annoyed they had interrupted a nice dinner " everyone laughed in agreement. Izzie and Alec beside her. Jace observed from a further distance standing near mayrse who was thanking the council for the evening. Surprisingly they didn't bring up the fact Emily has attracted some vampires and killed them all in a ball dress in front of everyone. It was probably because she was her. " she is more talented than I thought " said one of the council members. " I had heard rumours about the fights she had fought but never actually witnessed one. " said another council member. " well especially considering she is self - taught , is what surprises me ! " said Mayrse jokingly. Self taught ? Thought Jace that was impressive but he would never admit that. The thought of someone being better than him was annoying. The thought of someone being as perfect as clary to him was annoying. As much as he wanted to talk to her he was put off by all the attention she was getting anyway along with the fact he had a girlfriend. Everyone finally left through the portals, waving as they did still chattering about this evenings events. Emily and the lightwoods were the only ones left. Emily was still talking to Izzie. mayrse came over greeting Emily , " you are quite the talented one aren't you " she said with a laugh " I would like to offer you a job as a mentor for some of our students at the institute, you could live there and train there all you like! ". " I don't know... I'm only in New York for a few months " she replied. Izzie started " you HAVE to I need another girl around to keep me company and-" Mike , emilys big brother interrupted " mayrse Emily and I would love to take your offer it would be great to be surrounded busy other shadow hunters and staying in the same area for a bit ". Izzie looked a Mike he was gorgeous ! They had to stay now. " please Emily !! " pleaded Izzie. " fine I guess it will be fun" she said staring at Jace with a look. " great ! " said mayrse " lets go " she said walking through the portal. The rest followed. Jace glanced at Emily again this was going to be a fun few months.
* * *
Back at the institute Emily looked around in amazement this place was huge ! It seemed very empty everyone must of been asleep. Her and the lightwoods walked in mayrse broke the silence " alright I'm off to bed , Emily we will discuss your training etc in the morning " she said walking away. From the back she looked exactly like Izzy.  Alec was no where to be found must of went to bed Emily thought. Emily glanced over at Izzy staring at Mike. She was obviously attracted to him. Mike was the same as Emily brunette hair , green eyes and both seemed to get a lot of attention. Emily rolled her eyes jokingly  " Izzy you should show Mike around " Izzy looked as if someone had just splashed water in her face. " sure !!! I-I mean come on then " she said walking up the stairs. As mike looked up at the ceiling Izzy turned back and have Emily an enthusiastic thumbs up. Emily laughed , " so no name are you going to show me around ? " Emily remembered this boy when she was looking around the room at the ball his golden hair and golden eyes very handsome but he didn't talk to her. " my name is Jace , sorry I didn't introduce myself before it seemed like you had enough attention already " he said with a sarcastic tone. Emily was already walking up stairs looking around with excitement. She called over looking at the book shelves , " yes I did ". Jace couldn't help but smile at the sarcastic come back. He ran after her. " show me your favourite place in the institute " Emily said walking through the corridor she looked at all the paintings admiring the detail. Emily looked back Jace he was gone. She heard a piano playing , it sounded as if it was coming from down the hall. She picked up the bottom of her dress and took off her heels as she ran toward the room. There Jace was sitting playing the piano he didn't seem like the type of person who would. The way he played, he was graceful the music he played was like something you'd hear in a sad movie. Emily approached him not saying anything she just sat next to him on the stool staring at him until he was finished. " what ? " he said grinning. " You look so peaceful when you play " he laughed , " do you know how ? You probably taught yourself ? " he looked at Emily she seemed to loose a bit of the light in her eyes , " no , my brother did " she stopped looking at Jace and started playing. Jace continued to stare at her Emily was beautiful , her diamond earring glittered reflecting her personality and her light brown hair tucked behind her ears. She finished playing. Jace wasn't playing full attention to her piano skills more to her. But he said anyway , " wow mike has to show me how to play like that ". She looked at him for a moment getting lost in his hopeful golden eyes then looked away " I'm going to bed , nice to meet you Jace ". She walked away, her dress falling behind her. Jace wanted to chase after her and talk to her more , Emily was so exciting. But something told him he shouldn't he turned back to the piano staring at his hands. Emily pocked from around the corner , " I wasn't talking about mike ". She then left , again. Jace didn't know what she meant. He shrugged and walked to his room with a smile on his face. Emily lightmen he thought what have you done to me?