The last dance

Emily wakes up later than she usually does, probably due to the fact Izzy wouldn't leave her room until God knows when in the morning. With a groan she gets up and chucks on black denim shorts a crop top and 3/4 hoodie, leaving her hair down and curly. She walks toward the noise. People screaming ? Cheering ? She quickens her pace as she runs into the training room filled with a crowd of shadow hunters surrounding something. As she walks in people make a path toward the -now what she can hear- fight. There on the floor in a head lock is Jacob and Jace on top with a cut above his eyebrow. " boys boys break it up " Jacob can't speak because he is currently being chocked but his eyes are screaming help. With an eye roll Emily shoves Jace to the ground. " Jace what the heck do you think you're doing ? " he swears under his breath and tries to punch Jacob but Emily pins him down. " You can't win Jace we've been through this ". Jace finally stops glaring at the half- conscious Jacob across the room and looks deep in Emily's green ones. " He kissed you em , damnit " half melting on the nickname Emily leans into him ," well who is kissing me right now ? " before he can even process what she said Emily kisses him. He pulls her closer but she pulls away ," we are not making out in front of the clave " Jace pins her down ," why not ?" He grins Emily rolls her eyes. Izzy walks in ," we are having a before the battle party at club hearts, come on em you are coming with me " she grabs Emily's hand and tugs her away from Jace. Emily's blows him a kiss before Izzy drags her out of sight.
* * *
Jace had completely forgotten about the battle - the whole reason they came to Idris- all he thought about was Emily. He wore a white shirt and black jeans and boots as he walked toward the club in the city. He decided it's best not to take a cab with everyone else because he would see Jacob and he would definitely not make it past Jace. The city air is thick with cigarettes and lights the brightest ones are above the club 'hearts', Jace nods at the body guard as he steps aside. Inside the club there are familiar faces of shadowhunters around his age. All dancing like wild animals to the extremely loud music. Jace scans the room his eyes find Emily wearing a short red dress with her beautiful brown hair down.

She is standing on top of a table looking like a sun amongst all the other stars. Her green eyes meet his honey ones;Her eyes are like a sea of electrifying green- and every time he looks at them he feels an electric shock traveling through him.She jumps off the table and walks toward him. Her mouth partly open- inviting. When she reaches him Jace grins ," you owe me a dance ". " no you owe me a dance " she winks. As if on cue Jacob walks in. Jace tightens his grip on Emily's waist. He stares at Jacob ,mine. Emily is his ,now and for as long as she wants him. Thinking of the thought lit a raging fire in his chest. Rage , jealousy and helplessness. Jacob bothers Jace but it wasn't him ( for once ) that was the reason he felt like this. Something else. Jace looked down at Emily usually her beautiful green eyes filled with light. But something was happening it was taking the light away. She felt what he felt. He cautiously followed her gaze. Jace has always felt warm , happy and ... well light around Emily. But as his eyes focus the back of the club something happened. Jace felt cold , confused and well... dark.
* * *