The attack

Morning light hit Jace's eyes through the window. He rolled over and out of bed in a big white shirt and black pants. He must of fell asleep still in half tux. He walked hearing faint noises which sounded like screams he fastened his pace to the training room. When he arrived there was a bunch of shadow hunters one who must of been the one screaming stood still. Everyone looked toward her she was starring at a portal forming a demon fell out. It was black it looked like mist and water swirling around and dashing through the crowd. Everyone attacked at the different segments. He looked and saw Emily at it fast and quick as usual. She ran toward a scream coming from down the hall. She ran the scream sounded like Izzy. Jace ran after her. They stopped sharply when they saw Izzy crying a painful scream. Emily looked at what she was holding. Max. He had blood stains on his white shirt. His eyes were lifeless and they fell back with his head. Izzy stuffed her face into her brothers chest. Emily ran and dove down to Izzy. Wanting to ask what happened but it was obvious. The demon go to max, killed him and Izzy was too late, they all were. Izzy screamed again. More people ran their way. Mayrse pushed past Jace and Emily sat aside. She looked at Izzy and then max her eyes glistened her mouth trembled. She ordered everyone away. Jace looked at Emily, she looked as if she was about to be sick.
* * *
Later on they had a funeral. Mayrse wanted one quickly so maybe they could try and get back to their normal lives. Some advice from the clave. Izzy didn't show, Emily didn't blame her. Jace , Alec , Mayrse and Robert sat in front of his coffin at the garden. Emily joined them because Mayrse wanted her to come. He never made it to his tenth birthday, he never found love , he never grew up. they all said their separate farewells , everyone left as soon as they did. Jace stayed with Emily as she went last. She walked up to Max's coffin," I'm so sorry max , I'm sorry I never was able to teach you enough to be better than me , but really you already were." She laughed a tear fell she wiped it away quickly. Jace walked up to her. Not close enough to hear," you might not be able to say I told you so but we will see". They walked off Emily held onto Jace. He played with her curls," we couldn't of stopped it" he said softly. " I know " she said in a whisper.
* * *
Jace was walking to bed when he heard the piano playing. It was as if the music pulled him toward the room. Emily was sitting there. Jace didn't brother hiding he walked up to her. Resting his elbows on the piano and watched her play. She ignored him as she continued playing. Jace didn't mind. Until she stopped ," let me show you something " she patted the stool next to her. Jace walked over and sat down ," your not gonna push me into a waterfall are you?" He laughed. Emily smiled and put her hands on his face. Jace was a bit startled but he trusted her. "When I was training myself I met Magnus bane he taught me how to show visions through touch". she closed her eyes keeping her hands on either side of his face. He fell into what seemed like a dream.
* * *
The city lights were bright and loud as they walked along the busy streets she forced her way through the crowd toward a building that seemed like a night club. Jace knew this place it was Magnus banes night club. Emily reached her hand up and knocked on the door. " oh hello Emily lightmen I didn't expect you to still be in New York" it was someone Jace didn't recognise must of of been another worlock. " well I am I'm here to see Magnus ". He opened the door to her but stopped Jace from walking through ," who is this ?" He looked at Jace. Emily grabbed Jace's hand," he is a friend of mine". The guy shrugged and moved out the way. Jace nugged him walking into the club. Blue lights and loud music filled the air. Emily dragged Jace though the crowd. Jace looked around faces of vampires with paleness , werewolves with a defensive frown, faeries with a evil grin and warlocks with unique stand outs such as blue skin , horns , wings and in -Magnus names case- cat eyes glowing with sparking fire. Those eyes were focused on them from a couch that he was sitting on. He approached Jace and Emily with a drink in his hand. " what do I owe the pleasure of Emily lightmen's company ?" Magnus snapped his fingers turing his strange drink into thin air as he held her hand and kissed it. " there was a demon attack today at the institute and I believe it's the same one that killed my parents Magnus " Emily looked down at his glittery shoes. " I sense a war a battle to end it, this demon had been following you I think if we go to battle kill it and it will not return " Magnus turned away. " how do we do that ?" Emily seemed lost in thought. Magnus turned around obviously still distracted by something. " go to Idris , contact the clave and ask them to fight with you ". Jace laughed ," the clave would never do such a thing ". Magnus laughed right back at Jace ," for Emily they would ". Jace then looked at Emily with no surprise ," who wouldn't ?".