The mentor

Emily woke up to a knock at her door. She walked up and opened it still half asleep. It was Izzy. " YOUR BROTHER IS SO GORGEOUS " she said as she squeezed Emily's shoulders. She started talking about everything they did. Emily wasn't listening she just nodded and smiled at Izzy. She was used to this , everyone loved her brother. ".... So let's go get breakfast " she finished half gasping for breath. Emily quickly put on a black sleeveless crop top and black training leggings. Along with some high heel boots. She put her hair in an effortless high bun and walked out the door with Izzy. " you look smokin " Izzy said laughing. Her and Izzy has the same taste but the difference is Emily just wore them because she liked tight fitting clothes , Izzy wore them to make her body look good. " I know " Emily said laughing. They sat down at the table and across her was Alec and her brother mike they were talking something and didn't notice their arrival. Mayrse popped up from the kitchen and said ," Emily how did you sleep ? I have noted everyone you will be a new mentor , everyone is so excited " She seemed so stubborn and neat but the way she talked to Emily was kind. As Emily was about to answer a little boy walked in he had glasses and looked about 9 or even younger. " Max , aren't you supposed to be practising your runes? " said Izzy walking up to him. " I wanted to meet the girl that everyone is talking about ". He sat down next to Emily and staring parting her high bun. He looked so fascinated. " how do you do that ? " Emily laughed ," I just do I guess ". " Everyone says how good you are at fighting , can you teach me so I can be the best in my class ? ". Emily looked down at him , " I'll teach you so you can beat me " everyone laughed. Jace appeared from the doorway , leaning against it. " that won't take long max " he said grinning at Emily. " he's  just jealous I can play piano better than him " she said not looking at him she was looking down at max who was laughing. Mayrse interrupted , " you will teach the minors today , you start in 10 minutes " she walked off. " come on max " max followed waving to Emily. Emily stood up , " I better be off ". " find me at lunch ! " said Izzy grabbing her wrist as Emily walked away. Emily was going to go out the door Jace blocked it. She made an impatient noise and ducked under his arm leaning across her exit. Jace looked back at her and laughed at himself , but she was already gone.
* * *
Emily walked to the training room that mayrse had told her where she would be teaching the minors. It was big with a high ceiling and grey floors and walls. It was set up with equipment across the floor and weapons along the walls. It reminded Emily of a rock climbing place but without the actually rock climbing part. She walked in noticing the minors were already waiting for her eager and excited. Jace and some of the other shadow hunters were watching them from the glass balcony placed in the high corner of the room. " I bet she isn't as good as everyone says she is " said one shadow hunter girl. " just wait Emily won't disappoint you " said Izzy with a grin.
" my name is Emily Lightmen , and I'll be your mentor today " the kids looked so excited mainly because she had replaced probably a boring mentor. Emily noticed max she gave him a smile. " so since today is my first day I thought we would do something a little more fun " she pointed to the mats " we are going to do flips ". The kids cheered and ran toward the mats. Emily ran after them. They gathered around the mats Emily started explaining ," we will try step by step front flips , we will have lines and we will all have a go " she said before she demonstrated the skills. Some of them were better than she thought they would be , they may be small but half of them could already do double front flips. One kid , a young blonde haired boy who was quite advanced asked , " what's the best flip you can do? People say you move like a ninja ". " I bet she can't " said another , " my older sister said that you aren't as good as people say you are ." Emily laughed , " I am self-taught don't expect to much from me but expect this ". For the first time she noticed the balcony many shadow hunters her age watched her and she noticed Jace starting at her smiling. She looked at him and mouthed , " top this ".

Jace saw the young kids move out her way max looked extra excited , they stood their amazed as Emily started with a simple backflip but then kept going back and forth doing all sorts of flips and tucks , she looked so graceful yet powerful as she did it. When she finished the little kids clapped and jumped still a bit shocked. So did the older shadow hunters in the balcony , " THAT'S my little sis " said mike. Izzy turned around to the shadow hunter girl with her mouth wide open , " I told you " everyone clapped. Emily did a bow jokingly and laughed looking up to Jace and shrugged as if to say , " what can I say I'm used to the attention. " she dismissed the kids and walked out with them. Leaving Jace with an annoyed smiled on his face.
* * *
Emily walked into the cafeteria and all eyes were on her people turned away muttering. She noticed Izzy
waving her hand. Emily walked over and sat down. Lots of other shadow hunters joined them squishing up to Emily. " what you did today was so cool " said one guy. " thanks but we all know you guys can all do that I just get more attention because I taught myself " everyone laughed. Izzy hand gestured them away , they left. " so-" Izzy began but mike interrupted " Emily mayrse needs you ". Izzy stared at mike as if her were a celebrity on a poster in her room. " ok see you later Iz " she smiled , she saw Izzy waving goodbye and then immediately looking back to mike. Emily walked out and into mayrse office , which she didn't know existed really she just walked until she found her , she knocked " hi mayrse you wanted to see me ? ". " yes Emily I wanted to congratulate you on your successful first mentoring class " she looked excited " max told me all about it ". " anyway I need you to go on a mission to the faerie festival , to check things out , the clave wants to test your social skills". Emily looked a mayrse she seemed so professional but something about the way she talked to her suggested she wanted to help out. " of coarse- " and then she heard a familiar voice , " I heard you wanted to see me ? " Jace walked in behind Emily. She turned to face him. " yes Jace you are accompanying Emily on her mission today ". " thank you mayrse we'll see you later ". Emily walked out Jace again trying to catch up to her. Emily wasn't like any of the others girls he had to chase after her. Literally.