The birthday

Jace had woken up about 5 minutes ago he walked sluggishly toward the kitchen. He saw Emily in the distance what was she doing ? She seemed to get closer and closer until it was too late. She jumped onto him and pushed him to the ground hugging him " HAPPY BIRTHDAY ". She pulled him up , " since its your birthday I'm sneaking you out of training today mainly so I don't have to do anything today either" she said smiling. She started to run " Emily not this again " Jace ran after her , " WHERE are we going?". For once she replied looking at him " it's a surprise ".
* * *
They walked through the Forrest a different Forrest to the one leading to the faerie grounds. This one was like a hike. " I want to show you my favourite place ". They walked up a hill above them were trees and vines. They stopped at an edge. Jace heard water he looked down , a waterfall. He turned to look at Emily she looked at him. She walked up to him slowly putting her two hands on his chest.
Jace's heart fluttered against his chest. She leaned in so she was looking right into his eyes. Jace wanted to kiss her since the day he met her. Then she pushed him off the edge into the water. Jace was shocked he landed and came up. Emily was laughing ," that was easier than I thought ,I thought you would do some sort of ninja move on me " he looked up at her doing a celebration dance. " I was a little distracted " he said. He jumped out and ran up to the edge and pushed her. She screamed with excitement more than fear. She landed and fell into the water. She didn't come back up. " Emily ?! " he dove in and grabbed her. Holding her in his arms. " oh my god Emily please wake up " he held the side of her face. Emily opened her eyes and put her hand on top of his ,and went for the kiss but last minute dodged it and kissed him on the cheek. " I'm not dead you baboon " she laughed. " that wasn't funny " he said still flushed from the kiss on the cheek. " I'm Emily lightmen, getting pushed into water is not how I'm gonna die" she kept laughing. Jace realised he was still holding her. Something told him to let her go but another part wanted to hold her tighter. " if I am ever about to die I'll nod my head ok?" She said " like this " and she simply nodded her head. Jace carried her out the water and placed her down. " come on " she said " we have to get back in time for the wedding" She held his hand and ran toward the institute.
* * *
Jace had forgotten about mayrse and rob's wedding. They had 3 kids but never actually got married. Jace put on his only suit and joined Alec in the ceremony room along with other shadow hunters from his group and the clave. Music started playing and mayrse walked through with Emily and Izzy walking beside her holding flowers. They were stunning. But Jace's eyes were on emily. She wore a long silver dress with her hair down. Just the way he like it. She looked around smiling , max was sitting next to Jace and Alec waving at Emily. Emily waved back and looked at Jace. As she did when they first saw each other . She looked away smiling at the ground. Everyone took their seats. When the ceremony finished everyone made their way to the reception. It was decorated with pink flowers and crystals at every table. Everyone sat at their assigned seats. Izzy , mike, Emily , Alec , Jace and max all sat along the long table with mayrse and Robert. Speeches started.  Alec spoke about how they are amazing parents along with Izzy , Jace and max. Emily was asked to do a speech. She stood up , Alec passed her the microphone giving her a encouraging look. She looked around the room of smiling  faces of strangers covered in runes. She started " I first met mayrse and Robert at the annual shadow hunters ball , they invited me to stay here and mentor at the institute along with my brother mike. My whole life I have fought and trained myself , traveled and met people but I have never stayed somewhere for as long as I have. I'm so glad I accepted their invitation," Emily took a breath and glanced at Izzy who was smiling and Jace , who was staring right at her making her heart beat fasten she stared at him. " and if I didn't I wouldn't of met some amazing people ," she continued looking at Jace who was trying to hid a grin ," so thank-you mayrse and Robert for everything " Everyone cheered and slow music started playing. ( music 👇🏽 )

As everyone moved to the dance floor Izzy ran awkwardly on her high heels toward Emily ," that was such a cute speech em ". Emily laughed ,"go ask mike to dance will you , the tight tension between you two is killing me" Izzy looked slightly embarrassed ," okay but only if you ask Jace to dance ". Emily looked at Jace he was walking toward her ," easy Iz he doesn't make me nervous the way mike make you " Izzy smirked ," sure sure " and with that she walked off to mike. " nice speech " Jace appeared looking down at Emily. " I believe you owe me a dance ?" She held out her hand Jace held it. " my dancing skills aren't as good as my fighting skills " said Jace jokingly as he lead her to the centre of the floor. " then they mustn't be very good at all " replied Emily laughing. Jace chuckled as he held Emily. She leaned into his shoulder. " Are you gonna thank me for today ? " said Emily looking up at Jace. " Emily-"
Jace started but Jacob interrupted. " Do you mind if I dance with Emily ?" Asked Jacob rhetorically. Jace looked at Emily as she turned to Jacob and let him lead her away. Jace's eyes followed Emily as he watched them dance. Emily laughing her eyes filled with light. Jace crossed his arms over his chest and sat impatiently looking around for Izzy but she was gone. His eyes circled around the room. People dancing or laughing sipping coloured drinks. The music ended and people scattered away from the floor. Emily ran up to Jace ," have you seen mike?" She looked around on her tip toes. " have you seen Izzy ?" Asked Jace. Then Emily stopped looking and looked at Jace with a smirk," I think i know where they are " she ran toward the door to the outside balcony. Jace as usual ran after her. As he caught up with her he bumped into her saying ," what do you-" she raised her finger to his mouth to shush him. Jace looked down at Emily and traced her eyes she was looking at Izzy and mike sitting at the balcony. Izzy then fell into mike and kissed him mike pulled her closer. Emily giggled, looking up at Jace, his eyes were golden like the first time she saw him he hair now fell on his shoulders probably after because of running after her. Max approached them and tugged at Emily's dress. Emily turned around and crouched down at max blocking his view. " Emily will you come with me I have to go to bed now ". Emily laughed of coarse. They walked off she held Max's hand.
Max sat on his bed , Emily sat at the edge. " what do you like about Izzy ?". It was a random question but Emily told him the truth. " she is caring and very funny " she smiled thinking of how nice Izzy was when she first met her. " what about alec?" She kept the same expression on her face ," same things ". " what about Jace ? ", He continued ," do you love him?". Emily blushed ," max ! Jace and I are friends he gets so annoyed at me and I love it " she laughed looking at the wall. " why do you ask ?". " because I see the way he looks at you , like you are the only thing in the world that matters." Emily looked at max half shocked of how he noticed that. If he could everyone could. Other than her. " well he is the funniest person I have met , I just never show it when he makes sarcastic remarks I try not to laugh. I don't know what I'd do without him," she forgot she was even talking to max she just went on," I always want to be around him, he is so fun. Sometimes I look at him thinking about how gorgeous he is , I love his eyes I often get lost in them." Emily shook her head as if clicking back to reality and looked down at max who was laughing, she joined him. " but I'm still funnier than him right ?". He nodded still laughing. " when you guys kiss you have to come and tell me I want to be there to tell you I told you so". Emily walked out the door and before she smiled at max ," goodnight max". She walked down the corridor toward her bedroom.
* * *
Jace turned to notice Emily was gone so he left Izzy and mike and went on a walk around the institute away from the loud noise of the wedding. He walked along the cold brick walls covered in paintings. Down the corridor he saw Max's bedroom door open he could see Emily and him taking and laughing he sat outside the door. He listened to the conversation. He laughed at the thought of Emily finding him gorgeous and she wouldn't know what to do without him. Yet again she had , had a few drinks possibly. He walked off when he heard Emily walking up to the door. He waltzed off smiling walking the opposite direction to Emily who was skipping off as she did.