The festival and the truth

Jace and Emily had been walking alone the forest for a while. Jace had always loved forests they were so green and light ,so filled with light. They eventually reached the faerie festival grounds. Emily and Jace walked in. Emily looked like a child walking into a carnival. She pulled Jace along with excitement , " come on ! ". They ran into the middle of the festival. All around them faeries were dancing to the up lifting beat with colourful decorations and drinks. Emily stop and looked around. Jace looking at her. Her fascination made him laugh. Until a bunch of faerie girls grabbed Emily and dragged her through the crowd towards the music. Jace sat aside watching her. ( music ignore the beginning lol👇🏽 😂 )

A faerie boy around Jace's age approached him , Maldron one of the faeries princes , " is that one yours ? The one so filled with light ? " Jace flushes at the words " yours " but he simply replied , " that's Emily Lightmen ". " I know everyone knows that here " he said. Jace looked at Emily who was dancing with flowers in her long braided hair she was telling him to come and Jace just laughed and sat where he was. Meldron ran to her and joined in dancing. The sun started to set and Jace whistled to Emily and said , " let's go ". They danced around in a traditional way in partners together. Emily danced up to Jace ," only if you dance with me " she said holding out her hand. He was about the take it when suddenly the music stopped, everyone looked around confused. Then Jace smelt this horrible stench " demons " he thought. He didn't just think he knew. He grabbed his weapon but Emily was already at it. There was 1 demon with 3heads . It was very big, it towered over them both. Emily looked at Jace he looked back at her. Emily grinned , " Jace give me a boost " Jace acted quickly he held her ankles and was ready to push them up. " 1,2-" he started but demon acid was flying toward them. " 3!" Yelled Emily , Jace threw her in the air. She spun and attacked slicing each head off. Again Emily was like a firework hitting each point of the demon. She yelled finally ," Jace!" As she fell off the demon's shoulder. Jace ran so quick he caught her in his arms but the impact was too much Jace fell with Emily on top of him. She looked at him laughing. " loose your balance ? " with that she got up and started skipping away. " where are you going ? " Jace yelled with amusement. " back to in institute duh " she said not facing Jace. Jace ran after her. Emily was something else.
* * *
Jace and Emily arrived back at the institute , it was night and they arrived later than they thought. Everyone seemed to be asleep. " I'm going to get some food , you want anything ? " Jace said walking toward the fridge. " no I'm fine, I'm going to bed night Jace " she walked away down the corridor. Again Jace wanted to run after her but he didn't.
Jace was walking off to bed when he heard a piano playing. He walked toward the room when he saw Emily playing it she seemed so sad it was like the way she played the piano was the was she felt. Jace sat against wall behind the bookshelf. Peeking through the books at Emily. She smiled whilst playing the song ," Jace I know your there ". Jace walked out of his bad hiding place and walked up to Emily. "What did you mean the other night when you said I'm not talking about mike ? " he sat down next to her now ," do you have another brother ?". " did" she replied. Jace felt suddenly so guilty for asking that. " Emily I'm sorry I didn't kno-" Jace started trying to sound as sympathetic as he could. " I used to have another brother and a mother and a father " she started " they were all killed by a demon of some kind I didn't see because mike and I were far away playing in the Forrest I was only 6 mike was 8, we walked in all their bodies sitting slumped blood red and black, we didn't see the demon we knew what they were but we weren't trained about that" she took a hard swallow as if she was trying not to cry ," we were sent to live with my aunt she taught us all the theory stuff , but she was too old to teach us all of the skills , so I taught myself , mike went to actual training but I decided I didn't want to be told what to do " she laughed. " so here I am ". " I did a pretty good job as you can tell " she said tracing up and down her body with a laugh. " I'm surprised you didn't know that , that's why I'm famous because I lost my family other than mike and taught myself and now apparently one of the best shadow hunters my age." She stood up , so did Jace . " that's true , probably the best , I don't know if you are better than me though ". " we will find out " she said walking off skipping as she usually did. Jace found himself sitting at the piano again watching her walk away from him. " we will " he said to no one in particular.