Light against dark: the beginning

Suddenly everything was a blur. Jace had never been so unsure of his movements and surroundings. Everyone else seemed the same. Well as far as he could tell. They all just looked like running , screaming blurs. The battle was here. No one is near ready or prepared. Half of the people here aren't even shadow hunters or aware of the battle that was supposed to be weeks away. But what can you do. Jace always knew where his weapons were he never was anywhere without them. He held his dagger , his grip tight. It ends here. All the suffering. Determination boils in his blood. One last thought leaves his mind as he runs to fight. The lyrics that was drained into his brain since birth, 'we are shadows hunters the protectors of the light we defeat the dark'. And with that Jace joins the sea of blur, hoping not to drown.

Emily feels Jace squeeze her hand and release it as she watches him fall into the chaos. She of coarse will join him. This is different from any battle she has fought. This means something. Usually the battles she fights are just annoying vampires , random demons or even faeries or warlocks. But this- this battle is for her parents and everyone this demon has ever hurt or killed of whom she had loved. This battle will free her of fear that the thing that killed her parents will come after her. As she looks around everything seems to go in slow motion it seems surreal. Is this what happens before you die? Jace seemed to feel it too. Emily breathes in and out reaching for her weapon attached to the back of her dress, " kiranen " she whispers as the Steele glows. And off she goes into the blur, joining her fellow shadow hunters on a fight for their freedom.