Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Harry!" The boys called as they walked through the Cheshire forest. "Quiet!" Harry hissed. The boys finally noticed Harry, who was standing right in front of the pelican, and they hid behind the bushes, watching. The bird was on top of a rock, near a river, with his foot placed on the top of the game board. Harry slowly reached for the game, but the pelican snapped his beak at him, and his arm recoiled.

Harry was nervous that the bird would knock the game down the stream. He looked down and instantly had a plan. His hand shot in and out of the water, and was now holding a fresh fish. The boys watched, amazed, as Harry baited the pelican into giving him what he wants. Harry threw the fish to the bird, who, in its attempt at catching the fish, bumped the game into the water. Harry lunged forward, screaming, "No!" He reached but couldn't stop the game as it floated away.

Zayn made a quick decision and ran upstream. Louis and Niall called after him, worriedly, but were ignored. Harry looked ahead, curiously. Zayn found a low hanging branch that hung over the river and starting crawling towards the middle. He wrapped his legs tight around the branch, then flipped upside down. Just as the game was about to pass, Zayn scooped it up, and steadied both himself and the game in the tree.

Niall and Louis cheered, and Harry smiled, before becoming a tad jealous and envious that he couldn't help. Zayn hurried towards them with the game smiling, as Niall and Louis praised him for his skills. Harry sat there quiet, until the boys looked at him, expectantly. He shrugged, then grabbed the game from Zayn, muttering, "Good job. Lets keeping moving." Louis looked at the two boys, then rolled his eyes, annoyed by Harry's attitude.

As the small group found their way back to the road, none other than Officer Payne drove by, then stopped. "Uh oh," Harry groaned, "Act natural." The boys continued walking, but Liam reversed his car right in front of the group. "Hey!" He shouted. Harry and Louis turned, blocking Niall and Zayn from the officer completely, then hid the game behind their backs. "Hide the game!" Harry whispered, and Zayn grabbed the game from his hands, and hid it behind him.

"I don't believe this," Liam shook his head, now standing in front of Louis and Harry. "Every time there's trouble, I run into you."

"Me?" Harry asked innocently, "I don't know what you're talking about." "Alright, buddy, I'm taking you in," Liam confirmed, swiftly pulling Harry around and pressing him up against the car to handcuff his arms behind his back.

"Wait! You can't take him!" Louis shouted. "And why not?" Liam asked, turning his head, but not releasing Harry from the car. From an incredibly far distance, Van Pelt aimed his gun at Harry's head. At the last second, Harry jerked his head up, the bullet whizzing past his face. Harry felt the wind, and knew instantly who that was.

"He's... My...." Louis tried coming up with some excuse, before Niall shouted out, "Fiancé!" Louis looked to Niall, then shrugged, nodding. "I thought you said this was your cousin?" Liam questioned. Harry spun around, since his arms were now handcuffed, and pulled on the door handle. "You know what? I'll make the trip downtown." Harry said, trying to hint to the others to run away from Van Pelt. Louis and Niall looked at him like he was crazy but Harry sat down in the back seat, nodding his head like it was a great idea. Meanwhile, Zayn had set up the game on a nearby rock. He counted the number of spaces he needed to make it to the end, then began to roll.

"Van Pelt!" Harry whispered, and the boys finally understood why he was trying to hide. Liam sat in the driver's seat, then poked his head out of the window. "I suggest you all go home now." He warned, then began to drive off, Harry winking at them. Niall sighed deeply, "Now what?!"

"We can't finish! We need him for the game!" Louis exclaimed. "Niall!" Zayn cried. The two boys hurried over to Zayn, and noticed he had already rolled. Niall read the green words out loud. "'A rule of Jumanji having been broken, you will sit back even more than your token.'"

Louis raised his eyes from the game board to look at Zayn. "You tried to cheat?" He asked.

"No!" Zayn denied, "I tried to roll the dice so they'd land on twelve, I was only ten spaces away!"

"Okay honey," Louis soothed, "that would be cheating." Niall looked at Zayn sadly, then looked down. His eyes grew as he exclaimed, "Zayn your hands! Look at your hands!"

Zayn looked down to notice small patches of fur slowly beginning to grow on the tops of his hands.

~~~~~~~

Fast chapter! I'm in the car, driving home from Texas, to AZ. But, I wanted to update you guys. :) Hope you like the story so far!