Chapter Three

Miyuki's eyes welled up with painful memories at the state military building. "Dammit," she whispered, "I need a tutor." With a jolt of terror, her expression changed into an expression of fear. "I need a tutor. But I have to go into that damned building," she gulped. Miyuki started running into the busy parts of Central. Her hair was messed up in all directions, but she didn't care. Spotting the building, she stumbled in and stopped when the people looked at her. Her eyes went dark and her purple hair covered her eyes. "What the hell are you looking at?" Miyuki growled. Two officers grabbed her and she screamed. "I need to see that asshole you call Lt. Roy Mustang!" She shouted angrily. Frowning, the officers dragged her into a room and let her go. "Lt., there's someone who wants to see you."

The officers left and Miyuki stood up to face a man with black hair and narrowed eyes. "So you're the girl I met in the woods." He stood up and walked over to Miyuki. "What were you doing out there?" He asked, frowning. "I'm not anwsering your questions! I just need a tutor to teach me alchemy!" Miyuki screamed. Mustang sighed and stared down at Miyuki. "I'll find you one, but first you need a bath." He yawned. Miyuki's eye twitched in frustration. "Don't think this means that I don't get my revenge. This changes nothing, Lt.!" She hissed under her breath.

Miyuki sighed and quickly changed into some baggy shorts and a tank top. Atleast it was better than that nightgown. They also gave her tennie shoes. What a relief. Frowning, she walked back to Mustang and glared at him. "So who's my tutor?" She asked with a hiss. "I would like to keep that a secret," Mustang said, "But you'll meet him in my office in three days." He smirked and gave Miyuki a bored look. "Fine!" Miyuki ran out and down the hallway, vanishing out of the building.

Miyuki bumped into something and fell backwards. She whimpered and clutched her body. "I'm sorry." The voice startled her and she looked up, gasping. "Alphonse?" The robot thing she wa staring at nodded. "Leave me alone. I'm not in the mood for yelling anymore. I've taken that out in there." Miyuki pointed to the military building with a sigh and started to walk away. "If you weren't tired, you'd be running away, wouldn't you?" Alphonse asked, catching up to her. Instead of replying to Al's question, Miyuki asked, "Where's Edward?" Alphonse chuckled. "Oh he's with Winry and Miki. Are you worried about him?" He joked. "No." Miyuki shot him a death glare.

Miyuki and Alphonse seemed to walk a while until they ended up at a lake. "Why ar eyou following me?" Miyuki narrowed her eyes and looked at Al. He shrugged with suprise and Miyuki's scary behavior. "Where'd you get those clothes?" Alphonse asked. Miyuki sat down in front of the lake. "I'll anwser your questions later. Maybe." She growled. Alphonse gulped and sat beside Miyuki. "I hope Ed hasn't gotten himself into trouble." Al sighed, "He's always in trouble." Miyuki stared at Al and blinked. "Alphonse, you're not really in that suit, are you? It's just your soul..." Miyuki played with a leaf and picked at it. "How did you know?" Alphonse was suprised. "My dad used to be a state alchemist. Atleast until he died. He used to teach me some things about alchemy. He told me about the forbidden taboo. Equivalent exchange. I knew you're soul was attached to that suit because you don't see people walking around wearing armor on hot days. And I saw Ed's hand. It wasn't real. It was mechanical almost. I think that's the right word to use. And I know not to bring my parent's back to life even if I wanted to. Now, who did you try bringing back to life?" Miyuki explained with a sigh.

"We tried bringing our mom back to life. But that didn't work out." Alphonse said sadly. "Alphonse, why are you being so friendly after I've been so mean to you?" Miyuki whispered. Al shrugged and let out another sigh. Miyuki smiled and laid on her back. "Al I think you're a good friend." Miyuki said. Alphonse's tone was suprised, "Friend?" Miyuki giggled and stared at the sunset. "Yeah. Friend." Miyuki said. Alphonse chuckled and stood up. "I must go now. Brother might be waiting for me." He said. "Ok. I'll see you soon." Miyuki muttered hopefully.

When the sun had begun to vanish, Miyuki found a quiet place around the lake to sleep. She thought about Al. "He's kind. But I still hate Ed. How I hope he gets his body back." She murmured sadly. Crickets started chirping and Miyuki tried to sleep to the sounds of nature, but there was one thought that kept troubling her. Who was her tutor?

Miyuki woke up to a soft "meow" and a jab in her side. She sat up quickly and saw a black kitten on top of her. "Oh, hi there little kitten." She smiled and started to pet it. Was it a stray? "There it is, brother!" A voice made Miyuki jump up and the cat fell into the river, but jumped out shakily. "Al? Ed?" Miyuki growled, startled. But a boy small boy with blonde hair and freckles came running down the hill. Then she spotted another guy with blonde hair, a taller man, who looked like a big brother to that little kid. The kid stopped, "Hi!" He laughed. The older guy stopped and looked down at the cat. "Miss, we saw this cat, is it yours?" The guy asked. "No." Miyuki replied. "Well, I'm Russel and this is my little brother, Fletcher." The guy gulped. "Alphonse told me about you... Name stealers!" Miyuki shouted with a laugh. Fletcher ran down and grabbed the cat, then tugged on his brother's arm. "Let's go now, nice meeting you!" Fletcher called down at Miyuki with a smile. Miyuki wiped her tired eyes and waved goodbye.

Miyuki kicked pebbles off the sidewalk as her stomach rumbled. How long had it been since she had eaten real food? Then it hit her, when her parents died. That was the last time she had eaten. Sighing, Miyuki realized that was only about two or three days ago. She hadn't really thought about her hunger lately until she smelled a fresh scent of bread. She ran to a stand where a man was handing out bread. He looked at Miyuki with a frown. "Are you hungry?" He asked. Miyuki slowly nodded, "I don't have a home and I haven't tasted anything in a while." She said. The man handed her a piece of bread. "Eat it wisely. There aren't many nice food sellers around here." The man whispered. "Thank you." Miyuki noded and turned away, taking a bite of the bread ravenously.