Chapter 16

Waking up, the previous night feels like a dream. Actually, the entire past week feels like a dream. One that was full of weird dialogue and upsetting feelings. One that left me one friend shorter with my head spinning. One that I was dying to wake up from.

Nothing really feels real. I have to check my call log to make sure Luke had actually called and that it wasn't something my cruel mind had made up in my slumber.

There it is. Yodel. The last incoming call at the very top of the list.

I don't know what to do about it to be honest. I don't know what it means. I don't even know if he remembers it or not. I gnaw at my bottom lip watching the call log like it's somehow going to do something.

I don't even know what I want to happen.

Do I want him to call again sober this time and remembering our conversation? Maybe. Do I want him to forget he called? I don't know. Do I want a text apologizing? Honestly, I just wanted to sleep. At least when I'm sleeping my head isn't dazed and confused.

I glance at the time feeling the small itch to look him up again. I know I shouldn't. It'd be weird. The whole reason he didn't want me to know who he was in the first place was because he didn't want me to treat him any different.

I shouldn't look him up.

Except technically people look up and check their friends social medias all the time right? I know I look through Kail's twitter at least once a day - for no particular reason. And friends on Facebook; I look them up all the time to see what they're up to. It was normal.

In fact. Not checking his social media because he is famous would actually be treating him differently.

Yep.

That's what I'm running with.

Just as I pull up the Twitter app on my phone, it vibrates in my hand. My automatic first thought is I'm not doing anything while my heart jumps out of chest. It's just a text from Haley. I click it with a sigh.

What was I doing? I don't need to look him up. If he wants to tell me about his day, he had my number.

Haley's message is one asking if I was up yet. I ignore it in hopes that she just assumes I was still sleeping. As I click the home button my phone vibrates at the same time making the message not pop up at the top of the screen so I have to go back to the message screen to see who it was.

Yodel: Lets meet up

I read the message over and over. There's my answer. This must mean he remembers the call and I guess this was always a possibility when we first started talking. I mean, people meet their online friends all the time.

But I never really thought about it. Not realistically at least. I wouldn't even know what to say to him. We weren't even exactly on good terms at the moment. My stomach was in my throat.

Yodel: Please?

P: A week ago you didn't even want to be my friend...

Yodel: I'm an idiot

P: Not arguing there

Yodel: So will you meet me?
Yodel: We can talk

P: I don't know

Yodel: I can come up to see you?

P: I'm not home