Chapter 23

Being in a relationship turns out to be not so hard. Though I was hesitant at first I'll admit it was nice to have someone to hold hands with and lounge around with and of course the make out sessions weren't so bad. I'd almost forgotten what it was like to have someone around in this way. It was a nice change from being around Haley and Sean all the time.

That being said, having a relationship and having a friendship as demanding as mine and Luke's, was in fact proving to be difficult.

At first it wasn't so bad. For the most part the time difference was his day would be ending before mine was even really starting so it was fine. I'd chat to him early afternoon until he'd get tired and pass out or until I had to get ready to meet Nick.

But now...now Luke was back on the same timezone for a few weeks and that was definitely starting to cut into both my social and dating life. I like to think I know how to balance the two but Sean and Haley keep telling me how terribly mistaken I was.

Either way Nick hasn't noticed and if he has he hasn't mentioned anything about it.

I guess I should have counted my blessings.

Yodel: I'm gonna buy myself a grill mat

P: A grill mat?

Yodel: A mat for your grill!

P: You dont even have a grill???

Yodel: But nothing sticks and I'll never have to clean my grill again!

P: YOU DONT HAVE A GRILL

Yodel: MAYBE I'M GOING TO BUY ONE

P: Stop watching infomercials 🙄

Yodel: It's only $19.95!
Yodel: AND I GET A SECOND GRILL MAT FOR FREE
Yodel: AND A BAKING MAT!!!

P: YOU DONT NEED EITHER OF THOSE

Yodel: FREE SHIPPING!!!!!

I chuckle out loud at the message on my screen. "What's so funny?" Nick hums, scooting a bit closer. We were at his place today deciding to escape my overbearing roommates. "Nothing, just something my friend said," I shake my head with a smile.

P: You're literally a child who lets you have money?? ☺️

Yodel: I honestly don't know but do you want my second mat?

P: No????
P: Do you wanna know why?
P: BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A GRILL

"You're always smiling at that thing, your friend must be hilarious," Nick mumbles. I look up from my phone with a frown. "I'm sorry, I'm being annoying aren't I?" "No. No. You're fine. I was only teasing babe," Nick replies with a soft smile.

"Are you sure? I can put it away it's nothing important," I assure him with a funny feeling in my stomach. "We're good. Text away," he insists with a peck to my cheek. I nod but it's obvious he's at least slightly annoyed.

Yodel: Let's go grill shopping
Yodel: It'll be fun

P: We are not going grill shopping lucas do not buy those mats