(18) Uprising

<Please vote and read the author’s note

Chapter Eighteen

                Stella smiled brightly at me. “Great.”

                I nodded, took a deep breath and then allowed my eyes to wander. I felt my heart clench as I saw how many people were here.

                They were not kidding when they said that Whitchurch was the largest town in all of England.

                Feeling my anxiousness, Stella wrapped her fingers around my wrist, pulling me to the stage. She had to use all five of them, as her fingers were very small. “Don’t worry, Rose. We have gone over this, eh? Tell me, what do you say first?”

                I opened my mouth, ready to answer, but quickly shut it when my mind came up short. “Um…”

                Stella tsked at me, shaking her head. “You know this, Rose.”

                “I know, I know! But, I just-“ I stopped, gasping.

                “What?”

                I gulped, stopping in my tracks. “Aiden.”

                Stella looked around. “Where?”

                “Right in front of us,” I whispered.

                Stella looked straight ahead, and her eyes turned into the size of silver shillings.

                Aiden was about a metre away from me, the brunette woman next to him.

                The next thing I saw was the most comforting thing I’ve seen in a while. The brunette woman was holding a man’s hand. But it was not Aiden’s.

                I realized that the ring on her finger was not from Aiden, as he did not have a ring on. It came from the man whose hand she was holding.

                So that means Aiden never moved on after all!

                “What are you grinning about?” Stella asked, elbowing me.

                “Nothing,” I replied.

                “Tell me, is it Aiden?”

                “Yes,” I replied. “But don’t say his name so loud,” I whispered in her ear.