(27) A Wedding

Chapter Twenty Seven

THIS IS CHAPTER TWO OF A THREE CHAPTER UPDATE :D

<The Watty Awards end this Wednesday! Please vote guys! :D

Thanks Homez! Enjoy!:D

“Rose, are you ready?”

I tore my eyes away from my image in the mirror, and to the small frames of Arabella and Stella in the threshold. They were both holding bouquets and were made up beautifully I offered them a small smile and looked back to the mirror. My wedding dress fit perfectly. I merely nodded, not trusting my voice to be able to form steady words. I’d already cried enough today, and I was not about to do it again.

Seeing past my façade, Stella rushed over to me and took my face in her hands. “Rose, you and Aiden came all the way back to Whichurch so everyone could be at your wedding. Do not tell me you are having second thoughts,” she told me sternly, in a way that always reminded me of Elizabeth.

“I’m not-“ I faltered.

“Don’t lie to me,” Stella warned.

I sighed and looked down, peeling her hands away from my face. “I’m not having second thoughts,” I said. “There is just a lot of things that are about to happen. I am basically about to lose my identity.”

“You lost your identity when you gave birth to Ella,” Arabella chipped in with a smile. She came over to me  and put her hands on my shoulders. “You have to stop worrying. You love Aiden, right?”

“Right,” I agreed dryly, still looking down.

“You love Aiden, right?” Arabella repeated, hoping for a better response from me. Her fingers caught my chin and lifted it up, and I met her eyes, the same color as mine, yet so different with the look of tenderness they were holding.

“Yes,” I said, stronger this time. I cleared my throat right after, trying to make it look like the bark was my voice’s fault, and not mine.

“And he loves you, right?” she asked, trying to meet my eyes again.

“I don’t know…”

“Rose!” Arabella and Stella exclaimed together, slapping their hands to my face at the same time.

I looked at them strangely. They were two peas in a pod. “Fine, fine! Yes he does,” I admitted. Then small butterflies grew in my stomach.

“See? That is the blush I want to see,” said Arabella.

“It’s a Rose trademark, that rosy blush,” Stella agreed with a grin.

I scowled at both of them. “Thank you.” Then my cheeks grew warmer.

I could tell that both Arabella and Stella were doing all they could to not scoop me up into a hug and coo me. I must’ve been acting fragile, as they both wrapped their arms in the crook of my elbow and led me towards the door. Once we opened it, Lydia was waiting with a basket, my daughter, Ella, inside it. She was just one year old and already her beauty surpassed mine. Her eyes were a mixture of blue and green, and they twinkled and danced whenever she gave that adorable laugh of hers. Her strawberry blonde curls fell perfectly and long around her face.  Just the sight of her face made me feel so much better, and she giggled and reached out to me, mumbling “Mommy.”

Reaching for her as well, I bent down and prepared to grab my baby. But Arabella stopped me. “We have to go. You can play with her later.” And with that, she grabbed my hand and led me towards the area where I remembered the chapel to be. On the way there, she and Stella went over the plans for the wedding, when my father and I were supposed to step out into the aisle, but I had already heard it so many times. I just nodded at all the right places, and that seemed to satisfy them enough.