Chapter 1 - Excerpt Legion & the Archangel Michael do Battle

Legion wheeled away from Michael’s blade and came across with a chest high sword blow. I could feel the power of his swing from several feet away. The same blow would have torn right through my shield and ripped me apart, but Michael blocked it with relative ease.

Michael was a physically intimidating figure by any standard. To human eyes, he was a ruggedly handsome man standing over six feet tall with a chiseled muscular frame. His hair was bleach blond and flowed down his back like the mane of a great lion. He was clean-shaven and had very pale blue eyes. As with all true immortals, his skin tone was golden brown. Michael’s angelic form was the complete opposite of Legion. Light armor covered his shoulders, chest and back. His aura was so bright it illuminated everything around him. His wings were long and flowing with feathers as white as snow. In the center of the hilt of his sword sat a very large emerald that signified Michael’s victory over Satan and his angels during their rebellion against Heaven. Michael was blessed with one set of abilities above and beyond all other immortals. His fighting and tactical skills had no equal in battle. Whether it was fighting in single challenge combat or leading the entire army of Seraphim against Satan himself, Michael’s skills were unmatched.

 “I’ve waited a long time to cross swords with you again Michael. You’re the one responsible for banishing me here. Now I’m going to exact revenge for your betrayal.”

“There was no betrayal Legion the blame falls squarely on your own shoulders. You made the decision to follow Satan and rebel against God. It gave me no pleasure to fight against you then, and it gives me no pleasure now.”

Veins in Legion’s neck started to strain as his clinched his sword tighter. I watched in amazement as energy waves from his body started spreading pebbles and sand out several feet in all directions. Michael stood his ground unmoving. For the first time in my existence, I was actually concerned for Michael’s safety. I looked over at him with fear in my eyes. But he kept his gaze locked on Legion and waited for the inevitable attack.

            Legion did not disappoint! The shock wave pushed me back a few more yards and rolled Molock backwards in the sand. Michael met the blow with shield in hand. I was amazed to see that it only pushed him back a few inches. The sound was deafening, and lightning from the impact filled the sky. Michael then whirled around like an Olympic discus thrower and slammed his shield into Legion’s chest with enough force to send him flying backwards. Seemingly without effort he recovered in midair. His wings unfolded like two dark canopies and immediately stopped his backward motion. He floated off the ground for a few seconds and then landed beside Molock.