Chapter 2 - Excerpt Redeemed - Monica tells parents about their Granddaughter.

Monica recovered from her emotional silence enough to speak and knew that she needed to get everything out on the table now so her parents would know the whole truth.

“Mom…Dad…there is something else I need to tell you before we go any further…but I’m afraid.”

“Honey, it’s OK. No matter what you have to say to us it won’t change how overjoyed we are right now just knowing our daughter is alive. Go ahead Honey and tell us, don’t be afraid.”

“Mom…Dad…there is no easy way to say this, so I’m just going to say it. Afterward if you don’t want to have anything to do with us then I’ll totally understand, and you’ll never hear from me again. You have a beautiful 3-month old granddaughter, and her name is Penny.”

For several seconds, there was nothing but stillness on the line. Finally, Monica broke the silence and told her parents how sorry she was for everything.

“I’m sorry for letting you both down and putting both of you through all of this. I know now the news about Penny was too much for both of you to handle so this will be my final goodbye.”

Monica started to hang up the phone when both of her parents screamed out together.

“Wait!”

Diane answered. “Monica…Honey…we meant every word that we said. We love you baby, no matter what you’ve done, and we want you in our lives?"

Cameron recovered quickly and added. “I only have one question to ask you Honey. When do we get to meet our granddaughter?”