Chapter 5 - Excerpt Raised by Immortals - Gabriel Shows His Colors

I stood up and walked to the center of the room. As I walked my neatly tailored suit slowly disappeared as if it were made of sand. Each step I took more particles drifted away revealing my true form. My wings became visible along with all my armor. I stretched them out just as my light aura broke through my human facade. After the shock had worn off of their faces, I addressed them again.

“I am Gabriel, one of seven Archangels and a guardian of humanity here on earth. Penny shows great potential to become a healing paladin in our fight against evil. This ability cannot be realized without much dedication and personal sacrifice from all of you. This isn’t a decision that should be taken lightly nor will it be accepted today. I would like you to take a few days to think about everything that you have witnessed. Mark is available to answer any questions you might have concerning the training process. I would like to emphasize that this is a lifelong commitment for all of you should it be accepted. Penny must also be a willing participant or there can be no arrangement made. I thank you for your time and consideration.”

I gave them all a calming smile and then vanished before their very eyes.