Preface & Chapter 1 Excerpt Immortal Intervention

PREFACE

The woman before me was visibly shaking as she looked into my eyes for the first time since       leaving me on the doorstep of my sanctuary. Tears were rolling down her cheeks, and she was   having difficulty facing me. I felt the hurt, just as she did. It was so deep it caused her to falter and turn away from me. I reached out my hand to her and spoke a single word.

 “Mother?”

She turned back to face me again with tears streaming down her face. When she saw my hand, it gave her strength. She reached out and took it, and immediately her legs stopped trembling. I slowly pulled her to my chest and wrapped my arms gently around her. She melted into my embrace and held on tight. In an instant, I felt completely renewed. All the years of being without her were washed away. I experienced a feeling of love that could only be given to me by a mother…my mother.

1. IMMORTAL INTERVENTION

I didn’t know the reason why Molock’s father was sending him to Israel, and I didn’t care. All I knew was that if Molock was involved, then Legion would not be far behind. I had to be extra careful while tracking him because not only was he a very capable nephilim, but there were also those annoying special abilities of his that I needed to worry about. He could see my light aura, so I would need to conceal my powers and keep plenty of distance between us. He also possessed an unusual gift for sensing immortal activity. His reputation was well-deserved for foiling the best-laid Seraphim plans, and he had done so on many occasions. He could sense demonic activity as well, and that came in very handy to his father who had many enemies. If Legion trusted anyone on the planet, it was Molock. I followed him to LAX International Airport and after learning his flight was to Jerusalem, I teleported my guardian pet and myself on ahead to Ben Gurion.

**

Guardian pets were incredibly unique because only a hand full existed throughout the world. Over the course of several hundred years, three known pets had emerged.

Michael was the first to find his guardian pet while on a mission in Kievan Rus', which was the pre 8th century Russia. He found LeHabim, an abandoned Siberian white tiger cub that flew right into his arms. I was next when Cleo, a baby horned owl, lost its mother and eventually fell out of its nest at Citadel. I was fortunate enough to be there to catch the fragile bird before it landed on the ground. The last-known guardian pet was Custos a white wolf that wandered into Metigo as a pup and latched on to Chamuel‘s leg like it was a bone.

For many years, rumors swirled around a story that one more guardian pet might exist, and that it belonged to none other than Legion himself. From time to time, bits and pieces of information pertaining to such a beast would make its way around the sanctuaries. Unbelievable stories of a beast so powerful and ferocious it took Legion himself to control it. No one really knew for sure about the beast because intelligence out of Zebul, Legion’s legendary stronghold, was practically impossible to get.

Cleo had been by my side for many years. She was raised on an eye dropper and during her first few weeks of life, I didn’t think the baby owl was going to survive. I left Cleo’s fate up to God, and she not only lived but grew stronger. She was a beautiful bird with calico browns, silvers, and gold colorations. Her breast feathers and ear markings were tufts of pure white.

Cleo soon started taking on many of my immortal characteristics. The first for which was my uncanny ability to sense a demonic presence. A few years later her aging process started to slow. She grew much larger and stronger than any normal bird of her type. Lastly, she developed her own aura of protection. It was almost like Cleo, and I shared an unbreakable life bond. This bond seemed to transfer my immortal abilities and traits directly to her. There was also a strange kind of mental link. This link was something like telepathy but more along the lines of a memory flash. Whenever I was in trouble, Cleo sensed it and then saw a snap shot of the situation and vice versa. The other guardian pets shared similar bonds with their masters. There were also other more unique guardian characteristics that just could not be explained.