Chapter 6 - Excerpt - Escaping Legion

Soon as I walked through the door, I knew something was very wrong. First of all, Vetis was not waiting for me at the chamber entrance and second I couldn’t sense Raum’s presence inside. I quickly entered to find everything dark in the living quarters. A quick search of the apartment found nothing but a note left behind by Amelia.

I sat down at my desk and read it. The contents of which were so devastating I could barely finish reading them.

My Dearest Legion,

The last few weeks have been the hardest of my life, but they are nothing compared to what I must now do. When we were first reunited, I had such great hopes that rekindling our love would be the key to your redemption. All of my hopes and dreams started disappearing once Raum and I were forced to move down into Zebul. I now must decide between my love for you and the well-being of our son. I cannot sit ideally by and watch our son become like Molock, an uncaring mindless killer. You told me once that I could leave at any time, and you would not try to stop me. I am now putting your words to the test. For the sake of our son’s very soul, I beg you to let us go!

My Love will be yours always,

Amelia

I sat stunned. Amelia’s words had pierced my very heart. How could I have been such an uncaring fool? I knew she was miserable in Zebul, and that I was forcing her to watch many corrupt and evil things. My pride had gotten in the way and blinded me to the truth. Now the only person on earth that I actually cared about and my son were gone.

My mind started racing. I needed to move quickly if there were to be any chance of saving my relationship with Amelia and Raum. At that very moment, I decided no matter the cost I would make things right with them. I called for Vetis, but the huge beast was not responding. I searched and finally found him sitting at the entrance to Zebul obviously waiting for Amelia and Raum to return.

“They have left us Vetis. Because of me and how I’ve been treating them. I’m so very sorry my friend, but I promise you I’ll do everything within my power to get them back.”