Chapter 7 - Excerpt Those Crazy Adolescent Years - Leah's First Kiss

Leah's bottle was spinning away. Everyone was giggling and laughing as the bottle began slowing down. Leah got out her lipstick case and began applying an overly thick coat of a very red shade of lipstick. 

"Someone is about to get a serious facial makeover." Jason laughed. "It looks to me like she is taking this kiss a little too seriously." 

"Well this will be my first official kiss, and I want to remember this moment. I especially want the guy receiving it to remember." 

"I think you got that part covered Leah." Penny giggled. "My cell phone is in hand and ready to snap a picture for prosperity's sake."  

The bottle slowed and then appeared to a stop right in front of Jason, who grinned widely and leaned forward with his lips puckered up. 

"Lay it on me Baby. I'm the lucky guy." 

Just as Leah was leaning over to deliver her kiss Penny suddenly grabbed her by the arm and pointed toward the bottle.  

"You better wait a few seconds longer Leah the bottle is still moving." 

To everyone's surprise the bottle crept ever so slowly until it stopped for the final time pointing directly at me. 

"That was the strangest thing I've ever seen. It was almost like the bottle had a mind of its own." Rachel commented as she picked it up trying to figure out how it kept moving. 

"Aw man you have got to be kidding me. I was really primed for that kiss!" Jason complained. 

"Sorry Jason, but it looks like my first kiss belongs to Stephen." Leah replied as she leaned toward me. "Come here Big Guy." 

I was so nervous I accidentally bumped against Leah's forehead as we got close enough to kiss. We both jerked back rubbing our heads as everyone laughed. Embarrassed I started to get up. 

"You are not getting away from my first kiss that easy Stephen James." Leah said as she pulled me back down. "You agreed to play this game, and we aren't done until everyone has a turn." 

This time Leah reached out and steadied my face with her hand. She then kissed me lightly on the lips instantly quieting the laughter. The girls started giggling again as the guys both let out low whooping sounds. Once Leah started the kiss I instantly relaxed and returned the favor. It was easy for everyone to see we were both really enjoying ourselves.  

"Way to recover Romeo James." Leah chuckled. "You have the last spin. Then we can all sneak back into the sanctuary before anyone catches us."  

"Now that's the smartest idea you've had tonight Juliet Mitchell. Then maybe some of us can all get out of this mess without getting killed." I exaggerated. "Give me that thing, so we can get this over with." 

Rachel tossed me the bottle and with one fluid motion, I quickly placed it on the wooden board and sent it spinning away. This time I was totally relaxed and didn't care who the bottle landed on. I'd already gotten my wish, and that was to kiss Leah. As the bottle slowed to a stop I never dreamed, I would have an opportunity for a second one.  

"Will you look at that? Double your pleasure and double your fun." Jason laughed. "Looks like you two get the last kiss as well." 

This time neither of us was nervous but rather excited to kiss one another again. We wasted little time locking lips and this time the five second rule was completely out the window. It seemed like nothing would be able to separate us until we heard two familiar voices calling from above us. 

"Leah, what on earth are you doing?" Breanna's voice rang out. 

"Stephen, have you completely lost your mind?" Chamuel spoke firmly while doing his best to remain under complete control. 

We all jumped quickly to our feet. Leah and I were both a little more than embarrassed as we separated and stood beside each other. Breanna and Chamuel had discovered we were missing and with the help of LeHabim, they had tracked us down.  

"All of you get back to the Sanctuary this instant!" Breanna continued, trying not to lose her temper. 

"Everyone can go back except for you Stephen." Chamuel finished. "You stay and make sure the camp fire is put out. Then get back to the barracks. We will continue this discussion tomorrow after we've returned to Metigo." 

The group slowly made their way up to the hill leaving me to douse the fire. Chamuel, Breanna and LeHabim stood waiting for them to pass by. They all walked silently past with their heads hung low.  

"It was my fault Breanna. I talked them into sneaking out of the Sanctuary. Stephen didn't even want to go." 

"I sense that what you say is true Leah, but everyone must be held accountable for their own actions. You might have been the ring leader but they all agreed to come." 

"At least let me stay and help him. He shouldn't be left alone to take care of all this by himself." 

"I don't know Leah...after what I just saw the last thing I should do is leave you two alone." 

"Please Breanna...don't make me leave him out here alone to pay for my mistake." 

"Very well, LeHabim will stay and keep an eye on you both just to make sure. I expect you will be on your best behavior and return soon as everything is done." 

"I promise you won't have any more problems with me tonight Breanna."  

Leah didn't wait for Breanna to answer. She quickly turned and sprinted back to the campfire where I was now busy cleaning up. 

"I'm so sorry about all of this Stephen. You tried to warn me, and I wouldn't listen. Now we're all in big trouble because of me." 

"Don't be too hard on yourself Leah." I replied as I finished putting out the fire. "I wouldn't trade tonight for anything in the world." 

"You wouldn't?" 

"Not a chance." 

"Why not?" 

Without looking up I quietly replied. 

"Because you're the girl of my dreams, and I got to kiss you not once but twice." 

Leah stopped dead in her tracks and knelt down in front of me. She then took both hands and raised my chin so she could look directly into my eyes. 

"I'm the girl of your dreams?" 

"Of course you are. Now let's get everything cleaned up and get back to the sanctuary before LeHabim gets upset with us."