My Imaginary Boyfriend *Personality Choice

"Does your mom know you're out here?"

Caleb shakes his head.

"What about Alex?"

"I didn't tell anyone."

I frown at him. "What if your family get worried?"

"They know that I'm insomniac."

"You are?" I say incredulously.

Who knew a cheerful person like Caleb has a nocturnal schedule? Who would have thought that he could not sleep at night? This has taken me by surprise.

"There were times when I would just lie in bed and stare at the ceiling," he admits.

"What about sleeping pills?"

"I didn't want to depend on those," he says wryly.

"But they will help you sleep," I reason. "Besides, those are drugs prescribed by doctors."

He glances at me sideways, and I can't help but stare. Am I too preoccupied with many things that I failed to notice the dark circle under his eyes? Now that I look at him up close, I notice that his orbs aren't the usual green color. His eyes are green, with a blue ring in the middle of the pupil.

"Is there something on my face?" Caleb asks, cocking his head to the side.

"None," I say quickly, shaking my head.

He pinches my cheek and says, "Then stop staring."

"I wasn't," I deny, slapping his hand away.

"Yeah, right," he says, a smile playing at the corner of his mouth.

Why does he have beautiful eyes? I suddenly feel plain with my blue gray eyes. And to even think that they are my best features. Being with Caleb, I can't help but see our many differences. And it's annoying; I want to scream in frustration.

I take a deep breath and calm myself. I don't need to be affected.

We've been walking around for a while now. I'm not sure if he has a destination in mind. My mind is fully awake now, unlike earlier when I felt like walking in a dreamless heap.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

Caleb suddenly stops walking. I bump into him, my nose hurting in the process.

"What?" I ask as he turns around to face me.

"What do you want in a guy?"

"Huh?" I ask brilliantly.

"Your preference, standard, criteria?" he elaborates.

That's easy. I've been dreaming about a perfect guy, so I already have answers.

"I want a guy who will never run out of surprises for me. I want him to be chivalrous; also, he has to agree with my suggestions. I want someone who will not mind when I get lost with my thoughts. I need a guy who I can spend time with, without getting bored, and someone who will leave me no choice but to love him more." I pause and say, "Do you want me to continue?" I'm running out of breath.

"You've been reading too many books," Caleb says. He has an unreadable expression on his face.

Books are my companion. I depend on them. Because of reading, my standards got high. I didn't even notice that I described Daniel. I know that—

"You're asking for a fictional character," he says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Am I?" Then I remember all the things I said. "Sorry," I say, my cheeks heating up.