Chapter 1

"Normani, I'm about to leave you." Lauren scoffed. It was now four o'clock and Lauren had been waiting for Normani for over two hours. Lauren and Normani were on their way to a birthday party and they were already an hour late.
"Come on let's go!! They probably already sang happy birthday without us."

"Okay okay I'm coming..."

Normani walked out of the bathroom. "How do I look?" She wore a short black dress that showed off her curves. Her makeup was done as if she were going to some type of concert.
"Don't you think you're a little over dressed for a three year olds birthday party?"

"You never know who's going to show up."

Lauren and Normani had been invited to Ally's daughters third birthday party. They all had been friends ever since high school and had gotten even closer over the years.
"Are you ready Now Mani. We don't have all day ?!"
Lauren looked at Mani who was still adjusting her makeup. When Normani finally finished she and Lauren headed out the door. Lauren was kind of excited to see Ally again. It felt like years since she last saw her but really was only a couple of weeks. Ally always felt like the big sister she never had but always wanted. They arrived at the party better late then never. It's was at Ally's house as usual. She lived in the suburbs in a big house with her husband and daughter. She was living the life Lauren always wanted.
Lauren and Normani parked the car and headed into Ally's house. It was filled with balloons and kids running around playing with toys and bubbles. It was like kid heaven. They walked in the kitchen where they found Ally adjusting the presents on the table.

"Oh my gawdd!! You guys came!!" Ally ran over to Lauren and Normani and nearly jumped into their arms.

"We missed you too Ally." Normani giggled.

"I can't believe you guys came. I thought you'd be busy or something.." the short girl confessed.

"Ally.. It's Bella's third birthday. We wouldn't miss it for the world."
Lauren and Normani embraced Ally in for one last hug before walking out to the backyard towards the food table. Before Lauren could grab the soda from the cooler she was greeted by a familiar face.
"Hi there." Lauren turned around to see Camila standing behind her.

"Camila?"

"Surprised to see me?" Lauren stood there astonished. She hadn't seen Camila in forever. She didn't know exactly what to say so she just stood there.

"Are you going to say something or are you just gonna stare?" Camila chuckled.

"Uh.. Hi!" Uh hi?
The best you could say is uh.. Hi? She thought. "How have you been?" Lauren said nervously. Why was she so nervous to see Camila again?

"I've had better days." Camila giggled.
They stood their quietly. Not knowing exactly what to say to each other or how to react. Lauren's head was spinning. She thought to herself..

It's been two years. Two years since I've seen Camila, And she's more beautiful than ever. Ha I remember the last amazing moment we spent together. It was the day before she left me. The day before I broke her heart. Because of me, Camila and I never really finished what we started. We could have been living the life Ally has. The perfect house, the perfect children, the perfect job... But we're not. And I can't change what I did. No matter how much I want to.

" What about you? How have you been?" Camila said breaking the silence.
Lauren still couldn't form words out her mouth. She daydreamed about being with Camila. Did she have feelings for her again? Or better question.. Did the feelings never go away?

Camila looked at Lauren wondering what she was doing. " Are you okay?"
Lauren broke out of her gaze.

"Oh.. Yeah I'm fine. I was just- I'm fine." Lauren blushed.

"Good." Camila smiled. "Are you here with anyone?"
Lauren looked around to find Normani. She was siting by the sea of single men flirting and flaunting herself around.

"Normani's here with me. She's right over there." Lauren pointed to the black haired girl before turning back to Camila. "And you? Who'd you come here with?"

Camila searched around the party.
"Oh.. He's around here somewhere."

"He?" Lauren was shocked. She knew Camila was into both guys and girls.. But she just thought that she'd preferred girls.
"What's his name?"

"Austin. He's an engineer. And a pretty good." Camila smiled.
Lauren tried her hardest to smile back. She didn't like the idea of Camila with a guy or anybody at all.

"How long have you to bee-"

"Three months" Camila interrupted. " There he is." Lauren turned around and saw a tall dark haired man. He was wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a baseball hat. He looked like he was about to go to a game or something.

"Hey babe." Austin said. The sound of the word babe pierced into Lauren's ears. Was she really that jealous?
"Where were you?" Camila asked. He took a deep breath and looked Camila in her face. She looked away and tried avoiding his eyes. Lauren noticed Camilas change in mood. She could see Camila tense up and become very quiet.

"Who are you." Austin said in a husky tone. Lauren took her eyes off of Camila looking at Austin. He looked angry but also curious.

"Lauren.... I'm one of Camila's old fri-"

"You know what I just remembered that I have work in the morning. So we're gonna have to cut this short." Austin rudely interrupted.

"Are we leaving?" The question infuriated Austin. He grabbed Camila's arm tightly.

"If I just said we're gonna have to cut things short, what do you think that's mean huh?" He walked away and out of the back gate. Telling Camila to wrap things up.

"I'm sorry. I have to go." Camila said in a quiet tone. She could barely look at Lauren. She was embarrassed. Lauren kept trying to search for her eyes but it was no use. Then Camila took out a pen and grabbed a napkin.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked generally concerned.

"Here's my number. Text me later. Maybe we can get some coffee and catch up." Camila said ignoring the question.

"I'd really like that."
And before Lauren could respond Camila had rushed out the back gate. She stood there for a while not knowing what to think or say. She had so many questions. She took the napkin and placed it in her back pocket. Hopefully all her questions will be answer soon enough.