Chapter 2

Text Message
Lauren: Hey Camz. It's Lauren.

Camila: Hey... Lol Camz? I haven't heard that name in forever.

Lauren: yeah I haven't said it in awhile. Are you busy?

Camila: not at all. Thanks for texting me.

Lauren: Of course. I just got home. So you were mentioning something about coffee?

Camila: Oh lol yes. Are you free anytime this week?

Lauren: I'm free today.

Camila: Sounds like a date then.

Camila sat her phone down on the desk next to her where she slept. She was excited that Lauren had finally texted her. It's been two days since the party and she felt like she hadn't seen her in forever. Camila got up off her bed and walked to the bathroom. She couldn't hide the smile plastered on her face. She was so excited to see Lauren and to be with her, even if it's not in that way ever again.. Camila looked into the mirror and stared at herself then quickly looked down putting her hair up into a ponytail. She hated looking at herself in the mirror because the girl she once knew and the girl everyone loved wasn't there anymore.
Camila walked out of the bathroom with a smirk still pressed on her lips. As she came out the bathroom.. She saw Austin sitting up on the edge of the bed. She tried her best efforts to keep eye contact but couldn't.

"Baby come here." Austin said in an aggressive tone.
Camila hesitated.

"COME HERE NOW!!" Austin yelled. Camila quickly stumbled over to Austin. He grabbed her hands and tried to make contact with Camila.

"You know I do what I do because I care about you baby! You know that ..right?"
Camila nodded

"I'm sorry that I've been in such a bad mood lately. It's just.. Stress."

"I understand." Camila agreed

"And that is why I love you." Austin proudly said standing up in front of Camila. She didn't know what to say. This was the first time Austin told her that he loved her. She knew she couldn't say it back or she would be lying. She stood quietly. Not saying a word.

"So what.. You don't Love me?!" Austin had groan irritable. He was pissed at the thought of Camila not loving him back. He was so pissed that he raised his hand above her face and smacked her to the ground. She fell cupping her hands in her face. Austin bent down next to Camila trying to help her up but she pulled away drowning In her tears.

This wasn't the first time Austin got upset and hit Camila. In fact it was becoming a habit. He would always hit her when he was upset, or annoyed.

"I'm going to the store." Austin left closing the door behind him. Camila sat up pressing her back against the bottom of the bed. She managed to get up and walk to the bathroom examining her face in the mirror; A bruise appeared on her left cheek. Austin had promised not to hurt her again and he clearly didn't mean it. Camila felt like it was her fault. She should have said I love you back. But how could she love someone who hurts her.
She couldn't go see Lauren like this. She felt hideous. She had to find some way to hide the now dark red mark hovering right over her cheek bone. She grabbed her makeup kit and applied concealer as best as she could. Austin had never hit her in the face before. He would always hit her in places she could hide -but this time was different. She managed to cover all of the bruise surrounding the bottom of her cheek bone, covering it with concealer and blush. Perfect she thought. She smiled and grabbed her bag heading for the bus. Hopefully Lauren doesn't see right through me.

------------

"Would you like cream with that ma'am? "

"Yes please." It was now 12:45 and Lauren had been waiting for Camila for over an hour now. They were suppose to meet up for coffee around 11:00. Or as Camila called it.. their date.
Was it crazy to think that Camila actually thought this was a date? I mean I wouldn't mind if it was. It's just... would Camila?