That Night

{ Flashback }

Lauren's POV

"Pass me the Booz!!" I called out.
It was the first day of spring break and I was already in the party mood.
We arrived at the party around 9 and I hadn't put down my drink since. And by we I mean my two best friends Camila and Ally.. Oh and Dylan- Ally's boy toy.

We had been going to these parties since the ninth grade and now we were in our senior year of high school.
The parties were always at Austins house. He was the captain of the basketball team and always had some girl around his arm. Lady's man I guess.
I didn't really like him..

Good thing Dylan was always around to stop him from talking to us. Dylan and Ally had been dating for almost a year. And just like Austin, Dylan was on the basketball team too. He would always talk to Austin about random shit. Eventually they'd both walk off at some point in the party. Dylan was like Austins wingman, too bad he only went for the hoes.

Speaking of hoes, Dinah Jane just showed up. She was wearing the shortest skirt I've ever seen in my entire life. Like seriously.. ?! She's just asking for attention. We were cool once but you know shit happens. What surprised me the most was who she walked in with.

Normani Kodei. I feel like I haven't seen her in years. We were best friends in eighth grade but then Normani told everyone that I was into girls- she completely turned on me. I was made fun of my entire eighth grade year. After that we stop being friends and I replaced her with the most amazing human being on the planet.

Camila Cabello. My other half. I met her in ninth grade and ever since then she's been the greatest person in history. But lately my feelings for her changed. Now all I can think about is being with her. She's all I can't think about.

"Lauren are you okay?" Camila giggled. She clearly had a couple of drinks too.

"I'm perfectly fine Camz. Walk me to the bathroom?" I ask. She nods and follows me to the bathroom.

A long narrow hallway led to the girls bathroom. When we got there it was crowded with girls doing there makeup and girls throwing up on the toilet.
So we left, but not too far.
Camila was walking in front of me and I couldn't help but stare at her perfect ass.
It's in my face... I mean how could I not?

"Camz wait..." I said.
Camila turns around looking at me waiting for me to say something.

Pulling her closer I grabbed her face kissing her. It was the greatest kiss I've ever had in my life... Or maybe it was just because I was drunk.

I pushed her against the wall lifting her up. Her legs wrapped around my waist and our lips never disconnected.
It was my first kiss i'd ever had with a girl. And the day that everything changed.

The party was almost over.. It always ended around 1 am. We walked back to our table and found Ally and Dylan sitting with Austin.

"Hey wassup guys!! So we have an idea. Nobody wants this party to end right?!.. So lets take this party to Dylan's house.
You're the only one with a car Lo so please say yes." Ally explained

"Why can't we just say here?" I asked

"Well because my parents will be home soon and I don't want to be here when then see what I did to the house." Austin said.

I didn't want the party to end either..

"Fine, sure I'll go.... Camz?"
I looked at Camila who was still kinda dazed from my kiss or... Maybe it was the beer?

"Uh.. Yeah sure. Let the party continue!" She yelled giggling and laughing.

"Is there an after party?" A voice said from behind. I turned around to see Dinah and Normani standing there.
No way in hell were they coming.

"Yeah we're all going to Dylan's house. I'm driving." I scorned.

"Sounds fun. Can we come?" Dinah asked.

And before I could get a "No way in fucking hell" out of my mouth Ally immediately accepted their request.
My car was big enough for everyone to fit but that didn't mean I wanted them too.

We left the party- Ally and Dylan kissing, Normani and Dinah whispering shit into each other's ears , Austin walking alone, and Camila walking side by side with me.

When we got in the car Ally and Dylan sat all the way in the back. No one really wanted to sit with them so every one else sat in the second row. I didn't like the fact that Normani and Dinah sat behind me but what could I do at this point.

Everyone was having a good time. Laughing joking around. It was like a dream. Something out of the movies. And for a moment, there were no worries. Nobody cared about what would happen next. They were all stuck in this moment.

I looked at Camila and smiled. She was so beautiful I thought.
When I looked forward my car came face to face with a tree and flew through the window shield and onto the grass. That night I forgot to wear a seat belt.

I had been drinking... This was my fault

I manage to turn my body around and look at my car which wrapped around the tree.
They were all passed out from the impact. I turned my body over attempting to get up. I could see Camila hand reach for her forehead.
She's okay I thought!
But the gas had been leaking from the car and just like that.. The car exploded.
A piece of medal hit me in the head and I passed out.

I had been drinking... This was my fault

When the police came I was rushed to the hospital. I wasn't responding to any treatments or medicine. I wasn't dead but I wasn't alive either. The doctors called it coma. I was in a coma?....While my friends burned in the car I was laying in the hospital bed unable to move or live.
Nobody survived the crash but me.

But I had been drinking... So this was all my fault.