Chapter Seventeen: A Queens Confessions

I never was good at telling the truth and that is why as a stand in the guest room in a house I have  seen only once before, a small woman attacking my hair and make up as I try to stay at ease, I didn't want to tell Austin that I wasn't a fan of these types of events because I was almost ready to leave.

"Lillare, are you ready" the lady beside me nodded as his voice could be heard through the door he sounded almost apprehensive.

"Oh, um yes, I'm ready" I got up from the seat my body shaking slightly. I opened the door and Austin stopped his hand raised ready to grab the handle, his eyes zoned in on my face stopping there before I looked down "is it too much"

"Gods no, you look amazing" I felt myself blush, I felt it lace over my chest and up my neck flushing my cheeks

"Th-thank you" his hand dropped down a little turning as an open invitation to put mine there, it was an invitation I accepted, he gently pulled me forwards wrapping an arm around my waist and walking down the stairs, I noticed the alpha and Luna watching on with small smiles on their faces as I blushed at the contact.

It was a short drive to the mansion that was hosting the party a boy was waiting as Austin opened the door to the car for me, but as soon as we where inside he vanished. It was a curious feeling having all eyes on me as I walked through the room, but I didn't fear their eyes, I knew I was safe inside this Mansion.

"That would not be Lillare would it, oh dear, how she has grown" I search the crowd calmly for whoever made the comment. My eyes fell on Marcus his finger in the grasp of a small baby she was a wolf, but from the lack of noise that should have accompanied her giggles I could tell there was something wrong, and the red marks that spread across her left arm told me she must be a warrior.

"Oh Marcus, why have you got a child" I have known Marcus my whole life, he introduced my parents into the community of werewolves that hid them for years, he would come and visit every now and again then one day, my parents got a letter saying that he was on a long business trip, but long after that, well, I'm sure it's obvious.

"This is Clarentine, one of my best warriors only daughter, she was left to me when her parents disappeared, something you can relate to I guess, how is your brother" a sad smile crossed my features

"He's well. utterly terrified of wolves now though unfortunately" Marcus looked at me as if he had something to say when a hollow voice cut in

"Well well well, I didn't expect to find the pretty little princess at a wolf party" I froze my body tensed as fear prickled through me, Aiden

"What a particularly unpleasant surprise" the words had slipped from my mouth before I even got a chance to think them over, his fuse was short, he had me pinned again the wall in a millisecond, his breathing laboured

"I lost my wolf cause of you bitch, I lost everything, I had to mate with a lesser female just to keep my title as Alpha" he was shaking his eyes dark but still blue, to me they seemed dead, but the pressure against my throat let me know he was more than alive.

Suddenly the weight was gone and I was falling from where I had been pinned my legs not holding me up, but I was caught by Marcus before my body hit the ground, his eyes held fear and anger, and he looked conflicted

"What happened" I coughed as my voice came out raspy

"He was my soul link, it didn't work out, they took away his wolf for his actions, he has been searching for me, where did he go, if he is here that means his men are in the town, I need to go to Sammy, I need to find them" his arms held me back as he shook his head

"That's not a good ide-" Marcus was cut off as a loud growl echoed through the ballroom,

"How dare you lay hands on her, how dare you touch her, I should rip out your throat" I looked up at Austin his eyes swirled black and I made to move towards him Marcuses arms seemed to go weak his thoughts suddenly coming to a conclusion, I was rejected by my soul link.

My hands found their way onto Austins arms on their own accord pulling him closer to me, I put my hand on his face and made him look at me

"It's okay, I'm fine, look at me" his eyes remained trained on Aiden who was pinned down by another man, I pulled his face so he was no longer facing Aiden "I'm fine, do you see, his hand reached up and brushed my neck his eyes starting to darken again.

"No, no you are not" he went to pull away from me but I wrapped my arms around him noticing the same feeling flowing from where my hands brushed his skin as when he brought me to the house. He froze, his arms gingerly wrapping around me returning my embrace

"Can we go, I don't want to be anywhere near him" Austins eyes met mine, and I smiled, he gently pushed through the crowd that had gathered around the scene, as soon as we where back in the car Austin started apologising.

"I should have known he would be there, I shouldn't have left you alone, I'm so stupid, I'm so so sorry, I never thought that you would get hurt" I put my finger to his lips and shook my head

"Unfortunately for you, my presence seems to demand trouble, so always never be sorry" his eyes where pained as he tuned away and started at the passing trees, and just like that i had lost him to thought.

--------------------------------------------------

I am, the worst writer in the history of wattpad, I am so sorry, I am not even able to apologise for how bad this chapter is or how long it has taken me to update!! But I will give you some good news, I have officially graduated and have ample amount of time to be updating my books and I am hoping that you stick around for the ride, as I have mapped out the text of the book, it may be a sudden finish but I feel that my books shouldn't be excessively long as I don't have the creativity and/or attention span for them to be really long, so I am definitely going to be finishing this book and putting it through extensive editing soon enough.