Part Thirteen

The doctor allowed you to leave two hours later. Both yours and the baby heartbeats remained normal and nothing sinister had showed up in your blood work. You'd been booked in for another scan in three weeks time though, just to check the positioning of the placenta. It was slightly lower than it should be which Dr Merrins had said could have been the cause for the bleeding.

Spencer had asked if she thought it was Placenta Previa and the Dr had hesitated before saying that it wasn't low enough yet to be indicative of that, but depending on which way it moved over the upcoming weeks, could mean issues. She wasn't overly worried though, which calmed both you and Spencer.

You'd been let go, with the instructions to take it easy and to come back immediately if there was any heavy bleeding and pain. Spencer was insisting that you speak with Hotch, and ask to either take vacation days or be allowed to remain at HQ for the remainder of the pregnancy. You'd only be allow to fly for another eight weeks or so anyway, so you'd see what you could do.

The drive home was quiet, both of you still overwhelmed by the events of the evening. The emotional roller coaster you'd been on had completely exhausted you and you just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep for a thousand years. Except..... You really didn't want to be alone.

Spencer pulled JJs car up outside your house and you turned to him, hesitating before you said softly "I don't want to be alone tonight."

"I don't want you to be alone either. Do you want me to stay, my go bag is in the trunk?"

"Please, if that's okay. Just for tonight."

He nodded and you made your way to your front door, him following a few minutes later when he'd grabbed his bag and locked up. He followed you inside, looking around somewhat uncomfortably as when he'd been here less than five hours ago, you'd been in the middle of a screaming argument.

"I'm soo tired Spencer. Do you mind if I just go to bed? I'll sleep better knowing you're here. I just feel drained."

"No that's fine. You've had a tough few hours. Show me where I'm sleeping and your bathroom and stuff?"

"WE'VE both had a tough few hours. This can't have been easy on you either." You finally seeming to start to recognise that you weren't the only person affected by this pregnancy. Spencer looked surprised, but pleased that you'd realised how much this must have hurt him too.

"Erm... In terms of sleeping arrangements. I've got two spare rooms but none of them are fit for human inhabitation. I've started cleaning stuff out of them but it looks like a bomb has hit. So it's the couch..... Or.... My bed, with me."

"Oh."

Yes "Oh" indeed. The even bigger "Oh" came next.

"Spencer....... Don't take this the wrong way. But..... Will you sleep with me tonight?"

His eyes brows shot up and you couldn't help but giggle. God it felt good to laugh.

"Not like that you douche..... Share my bed tonight. I just.... Need you close. And I think she does too."

You patted your tummy where the little peanut had been wriggling around for the past hour.

"Okay....Thats fine. Lead the way."

You led him upstairs and into your bedroom, taking a fresh pair of pajamas into your bathroom with you. In your hurry, you hadn't actually emptied the tub. Ugh... You reached in and pulled the plug, the water swirling out quickly.

You changed again, checking the pad and seeing that the bleeding had almost stopped. Phew. Although the Doctor had told you it happened to a lot of women and could simply be "one of those things" you knew that if it happened again, you'd panic again.