Part Twenty Two

“Is that…. Is that what I think it is?” Spencers voice had gone up a few octaves.

“Well, I’ve not pissed myself since I was 19…..college, don’t judge…OUCH, mother fuck, that hurt…So yeah,I’m fairly certain that it is, what you think it is.”

“Shit shit shit, you’re in labour. Oh my god you’re in labour. YOU’RE HAVING THE BABY. SHIT…YOU’RE HAVING OUR BABY. Oh fuck. This is actually happening.”

Wow…. Watching Spencer panic was funny, but laughter was not easing the throbbing in your womb right now. You signalled, intending to pull a U turn and go back to the hospital.

“WAIT.. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU CAN’T DRIVE, YOU’RE IN LABOUR.”

“We need to get…..ugh, ouch…. Get back to the hospital.”

“Get out of the car Y/N….” He saw you shaking your head. “GET OUT OF THE GOD DAMN CAR, IT’S NOT SAFE FOR YOU TO DRIVE.”

Christ the man could be bossy…. You kinda liked it…. Hmmm, you started to wonder if….

OUCH OUCH SHIT FUCK WANK.

Alright alright. You unbuckled, seeing that Reid was already around your side of the car, hopping impatiently from one foot to the next.

Hauling yourself out, you looked back down at the seat, seeing the darkened material.

“Sure you wanna sit there?” You asked.

“Erm……” He pulled his jacket off, balling it up and placing it on the seat as a barrier. Shrugging, you waddled around to the passenger side, getting in and belting up.

“Be careful with my baby. Elliot is the best car I’ve had, she needs a lot of love and affection…. Elliot honey, this is Spencer. He won’t hurt you. Be good for mama okay?” You rubbed the dashboard tenderly.

He started the engine, looking at you with confusion. “Are you seriously talking to your car?”

“Spencer you talk about badgers in your sleep, are you seriously fucking judging me right now?”

“I have no idea what you’re on about…. Call the hospital anyway.”

You did as he asked, wincing every few minutes in pain and then grimacing every few seconds at the noises Elliot was making. You hated anyone else driving that car.

You called the team as well, hearing they were still at the hospital.

“Hotch… Hey Hotch. We’re on our way back to the hospital….. Nah Spencers fine… FUCKING OUCH. Sorry…. Yeah I’m kinda in labour……..  Aaron… Boss man?…. You there? Oh hi Kate…..yep, yep, sure…No I haven’t….. Oh that would be…… SHIT, BOLLACKS, TWATTING OUCH!!… Sorry… Yeah that would be great. See you…. Soon.”

“You sound like you’ve got tourettes Y/N.”

“Say that again and I’ll punch you in the balls repeatedly…. Don’t look at me like that, I mean it. Just drive….and quickly. I very much need an epidural here.”

He drove as quickly as he could, parking as close to the entrance as he could get. Kate and Rossi were waiting outside for you. They were going to take your house keys and head home to pick up your hospital bags and a change of clothes for Spencer seeing as his go bag was somewhere in the car wreck.

You quickly explained where everything was and they dashed off, giving you a quick hug and giving Reid huge grins.

Spencer grabbed your hand, pulling you inside the hospital and to the elevators and up to floor seven.

The others, minus Morgan, were all there waiting for you in the waiting area. You waved at them, as Spencer spoke hurriedly to the receptionist, giving your names and details.

An orderly came out, instructing you to sit in a wheelchair and they’d take you to your room.

“I can walk?”

“It’s hospital policy ma'am.”

“Ugh… Fine.”

You allowed yourself to be wheeled into a private room, the orderly leaving you and Spencer alone with instructions to change into one of the gowns and that the Doctor and midwives would be in shortly.

Spencer helped you change, balling up your sodden clothes and tossing them into a bin. Tying the robe at the back, he moved his hands around to the front of your belly.

“I can’t believe this is happening. I’m going to be a Dad…..”

You spun around to face him, seeing a combination of glee and sheer panic on his face. Pressing your head to his chest, your arms quickly encircled his waist.

“Yes you are. And you’ll be a great one….”

His arms moved around you, rubbing your back soothingly as he kissed the top of your head.

“You’ll be a great Mom too Y/N. I just know you will. This is so scary. ”

“I know…. But… We make a great team I think Spence. An unlikely one to say the least, but a great one.”

He pulled away from you then, his eyes searching yours. “You think we make a great team?”

You nodded, desperately trying to ignore the butterflies now forming in your stomach. You could do without any extra sensations down there right now.

“I do too…. Y/N, in the car… What had you been about to say?”

You grimaced again, your eyes squeezing shut as another contraction squeezed through your uterus. Fuck these things hurt. Reid rubbed your shoulders gently until the pain was over.

Taking a deep breath, you opened your eyes again taking in his concerned hazel ones.

“Spence…  I realised something in the car….. Now probably isn’t the time to have this conversation, but we’ve done everything pretty backwards anyway.”

He chuckled at you, his hands still rubbing your shoulders as you continued.

“When I got that call earlier I was petrified. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that it wasn’t just because of the baby….Spencer… I… Oh god I can’t believe I’m about to say this….. I honestly thought these words would never leave my mouth ever… I… Oh god, really?… Oh this is so weird.”

“Stop rambling and say it Y/N. I feel it too. Just say it, please…..I kinda need to hear it, to know that I’m not imagining it.” He had a small smile on his lips. He knew.

And he felt it too.

YES!

Woah… Far too happy about that revelation Y/N. Okay. Three words, eight letters.

“Spencer… I…. I love…. ”

“Who’s ready to have a baby!” A perky blonde woman in pink scrubs entered your room.

Moment ruined.