Part Twenty

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Spence I'm fine... Penelope is at the other end of the phone if I need her... And you've just said the case is up. You'll be home tomorrow right?"

"Yes, if I wasn't so tired I'd drive back now but Derek won't give me the keys, he says I'm being too overprotective. I don't like leaving you alone at 37 weeks. I should be there in case anything goes wrong." He sighed heavily and you could tell he was pacing his hotel room.

"You ARE being overprotective. She's not due for another three weeks. I've been fine for the last five nights. Stop worrying. I'll see you tomorrow okay."

"Okay. Good night Y/N."

"Night Spence."

You'd officially started your maternity leave two weeks ago, although out of sheer boredom you had found yourself in Garcias office on multiple occasions during those 14 days. For the past five days, Spencer had been out of town. The case was only in the next state over, a mere three hours drive away but from what he'd said, Derek had pretty much been awake for the past 36 hours and was in no state to drive. And Derek was very precious about letting Reid drive. It just wasn't going to happen.

Your relationship with Reid had taken a turn for the..... interesting, since that night a few weeks ago. It hadn't just been a one off occasion either. The more you did it with him, the more you wanted to do it with him, and he seemed happy to fulfil your needs. You'd be soo pleased when this baby was out of you and the extra hormones gone. Plus, once you'd squeezed a watermelon out of your vagina you were fairly certain you'd not want anything else up there for a good while.

You'd asked him about what he'd told his friend. He'd just shrugged and said that he'd been honest and told them that he was going to be a father and something had made him realise that he shouldn't be out screwing around when the mother of his child was at home alone. The poor girl had been mortified apparently, thinking initially that you and Reid were a couple until he'd explained.

You and Reid a couple! Haha. The thought still made you giggle. It was just laughable. You two weren't like that, you were just making the best out of a bad situation. You two didn't have sorts of romantic feelings for each other.

Right?

That question had been bugging you for the past week. The sex you'd been having was amazing and you'd been very good at going back to your own bedroom afterwards. Until one morning you'd woken up wrapped tightly in his arms again.

And you'd realised that the sex wasn't the only thing you were enjoying. You were enjoying his company too, his presence.

Pregnancy sex was weird though. There were things that you normally would not find a turn on at all, but then all of a sudden seemed incredibly hot to you. You couldn't do it missionary due to the bump so it meant you either on top, lying on your side, or bent over. They'd been one night when he'd slipped, and pushed against another entrance. But when he'd apologised you'd found yourself telling him to do it. And he had.... And it was... Strange. Something you weren't sure you'd be asking for again.

Nothing had changed in your day to day relationship. You weren't a couple. You definitely didn't have feelings for each other. He was just.... Helping you out. But the orgasms you were getting out of him definitely made him less irritating to you. Whenever he started rambling and annoying you, you'd find yourself thinking about sitting on his face to shut him up.

And somehow that helped things.

You locked up your house and headed off to bed, stopping by the door of the newly refurbished nursery.

Last weekend the team had come around, rather than throwing you a baby shower you'd requested that they all chip in and help your redecorate the babies room. You and Spencer had finally managed to empty the room of all of the crap that had accumulated in there, but you hadn't had chance to actually decorate.

The whole team had pitched in and in the space of a weekend, they'd turned the unloved spare room into a brightly decorated haven, a crib taking centre place.

In three weeks, there would be another life inhabiting that room. One that you'd be responsible for... Well you and Spencer.

You and Spencer.

Mom and Dad.

Fuck that was so weird. You weren't sure if you'd ever get used to it.

The team had asked you about baby names as well and you had Spencer had just grinned at each other.

You'd picked one out together, and surprisingly you hadn't argued. Spencer had suggested the name during a long conversation and you'd immediately known that it was right. There was still some discussion on the surname. The compromise would be to double barrel it, but Y/L/N - Reid sounded ridiculous.

You'd sort it out eventually.... You had to. But at least you'd agreed on the first name.

Climbing into bed, you plugged your phone into your charger, settling down and falling into a deep sleep almost immediately.

You were awoken a few hours later by a loud ringing.

Sluggishly, you reached for your phone seeing Garcia flashing up on the screen. You swiped to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Y/N.... Theres been an accident. It's Spencer and Derek. They're hurt." She sounded choked up, her own breathing uncontrolled.

"What......WHAT?... Is he okay. Are they okay? Which hospital... Is Spencer okay? Penelope is Reid alright?"

She named the local hospital, meaning they were somehow back in the city and you starting waddling about, pulling on your clothes as quickly as possible. She didn't know any more.. She was in Dereks phone as his emergency contact and had received the call only a few moments before.

"Pen, I'll meet you there... Oh fuck."

Please let him be okay.

Please.