Part Twenty Four

...... Five months later.....

"Guys that was a beautiful ceremony but I need to get that little guy off to bed." JJ nodded over to the garden chair where Henry was currently slumped over, fast asleep.

"It's long past Jacks bedtime too, so I think we'll head off as well." Aaron ruffled his sons hair, looking down to where Jack was sat holding Saoirse, still utterly transfixed by her.

Five months had passed since the birth of your daughter. Five.... You were meant to say glorious months, but you'd be lying.

You'd been exhausted for the first three months and how Spencer had not upped and left, you didn't know.

Saoirse had been a colicky baby and for two months immediately after she'd been born you'd barely had any sleep. You'd yelled at Reid so many times and then broken down crying afterwards, scared he'd leave.

He hadn't though. And he'd been patient and kind and loving with both you and her. She was, almost annoyingly, a complete Daddy's girl. Her face lit up when he entered the room and nights when she wouldn't settle for you, she'd settle for him. But then there was also nights she'd cry and cry for you and only your lullaby would soothe her, so that made you feel needed again.

Once the colic had passed and you'd gotten into a routine, life had become much more enjoyable. She was generally a happy baby. But gosh, she liked to be talked to though. Reids fault, you'd always thought. Those damn books on tape he'd made you play to her whilst she was inside.

Whenever you were pottering around the house cleaning, you had to give her a running commentary of what you were doing. Or else she'd cry. So anyone walking past your kitchen window when it was open would hear something along the lines of:

"Mommy's cleaning Little S.... Cleaning up Daddy's freaking coffee and sugar mess.... Oh look, Daddy has actually emptied the dishwasher... Well done Daddy, first time all week. If only we could teach him to... Why is there a book in the fridge? Little S, did you put the book there? I know I didn't. What shall we do with it? Hide it from Daddy? Yes let's hide it......"

Yours and Spencers relationship had surprised no one else but yourselves. Everyone in the team admitted that they'd thought you two were perfect for each other for a long while, long before you were even pregnant. You'd settled into a partnership nicely, the feelings you had for him only growing stronger with each day. He'd moved into your bedroom once you were home from the hospital, although up until a month ago there'd been no.... funny business. You'd been far too sore at first and then, just scared.

But it had happened, and he'd reassured you afterwards that it felt exactly the same and it definitely was NOT baggy. And now Saoirse was settled into a routine and you had more energy, you were starting to get to know each other again in the bedroom. Condoms were definitely not being forgotten this time though, and at your Doctors urging, you'd had the coil fitted.

You were still off work on maternity leave and would remain off for another month. You were returning to the BAU but only part time and only in an office based position for now. You'd help Garcia with the technical side of things and keep the filing up to date. Kate was staying on as your replacement, and having you in the office as well meant that in theory, filing wouldn't build up as much.

Spencer and you had found a Nanny that was coming to spend three days a week with Saiorse, a middle aged woman named Julie. You'd interviewed for weeks before finally coming across her. It was the bag of books that she'd bought with her that had sold her to Reid, and her no nonsense attitude that had sold her to you.

Today, had been the naming ceremony. Penelope had planned the whole thing, completely taking over your house when you'd given her permission to do so. Neither you or Spencer were religious so Penelope had performed the ceremony herself, giving each of the team things to say and do throughout.