Court and Instagram (Chapter 12)

Becca's POV

I woke up to the bright sun light coming in through the windows. Cody needs to get some room darkening curtains. I rolled over in bed thinking about if I should get up yet. I reached over and grabbed my phone, the time is 7:16. Cody really really needs to get room darkening curtains. I sent a quick text to Cody telling him what I had to do today.

"Goodmorning babe ;) Today your mom and I have to go to the lawyers office to talk some things over, then we have to head over to the court house. Just letting you know."

He wont get it until later. I set my phone down and hobbled to my room. I got out a change of clothes, and got in the shower. When I got out I put on some white shorts, and a lose blue shirt. I put my hair up in a towel, then hopped down stairs to get some breakfast. I made a bowl of cereal, and some how brought it over to the counter. I sat at the bar stool. Angie walked in and started making her own bowl of cereal.

"Goodmorning." I greeted her as she sat across from me.

"Goodmorning, your up early."

"Ya the sun woke me up."

"We have to go to the lawyers at 9:45. So we'll leave in about 10 minutes."

"10 minutes? What time is it?"

"It's 9:32"

"My phones clock is off then." We finished and Angie was ready. She waited for me as I hopped up the stairs. I brushed my hair, scrunched it in my hands, and brushed my teeth. I didn't bother with makeup. I grabbed my phone and headphones, and one of my sneakers. Hopping downstairs I realized that it's getting easier to go up and down stairs. Putting on my sneaker my phone buzzed. I'll check it in the van. We got in and the first thing I did was check my phone. It was Cody.

"Goodmorning beautiful. Thanks for letting me know. How did you sleep?"

"Good, you?"

"Ok I guess. Sorry I gotta go. Matt wants me. See you later."

"Ok, see you later. Love you"

"Love you too <3" I smiled.

"Who are you texting?"

"Cody" My smile got even wider.

"I thought so. How is he doing?"

"He's a little tired. He had to go cause Matt wanted him." She nodded as we pulled up to the huge building. We walked in, Angie told a secretary her name, and she directed us towards an office. She opened the door.

"Mrs. Simpson is here to see you." A man that looked to be at least in his late twenties was talking on the phone. He nodded and motioned for us to come in and sit down.

"No no no just tell them that the earliest we can do is Thursday. Ok. Ok bye." He hung up the phone and looked at us. "Thanks for coming in before the hearing Mrs. Simpson." he leaned forward and shook Angie's hand. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to get to your case until now. The past few weeks I have been working on this case and it took longer than anticipated." He then looked at me. "This must be Becca. Hi I'm Mr. Heart." He then shook my hand. He started to shuffle some papers in his hands. "So I'v been looking over your case it looks like everything is fine. You wont get charged with anything as long as you tell the truth." I nodded, then he looked at his watch. "We better get over there or we'll be late." he stood up and walked over to the door, holding it open for us. "I'll see you two over there then." We got out of the huge building.

"The court house is just over there. Do you just wanna walk over there?" I looked over to where she was pointing. It didn't look too far.

"Sure." I smiled at her. We walked over, and I noticed a girl taking pictures of Angie and I. She looked to be maybe 13. "Angie, why is that girl taking pictures of us?"