Realizations

. b a i l e y .

Gabe looks at me expectantly as he takes a seat next to Tati--who scoots away slowly creating more space between them. Sean are with him and they take a seat on either side of, our shoulders brushing. I'm about to suggest one of them move to the other side when I realize there extra space next to both of them. This bench could easily seat five and there are only three of us.

"Who's kind of cute?" Gabe asks again, sounding a little desperate, and looks between Tati and I. When Tati doesn't look back at him he looks at me. I push down the smile that's pulling at my lips and lean across the table and gesture for him to do the same. He leans forward, looking ready for a secret.

"You, of course," I say with a wink. All three boys look at me, search for the truth in my features. Sometimes telling the truth is the best way to lie. Gabe looks at Tati for confirmation, but Tati rolls her eyes and ignores him. I've never seen a kicked puppy but I'm also pretty sure it'll look something like Gabe. He looks up at Sean for help and Sean just shrugs. I can't help the little laugh the lips between my lips. I've been holding it in for too long.

. s e a n .

That was so fucking cute. Her laugh was so small and quiet, it sounded a lot more like a high pitched hiccup. I catch myself staring again and she returns the stare, questioningly.

Then, a pair of arms drape themselves over my shoulders and I feel a pair of lips pepper kisses down my neck, fighting for my attention; and honestly it's perfect. It's a distraction from Bailey that I need right now. I turn my head towards the girl and she looks at me with big brown eyes and long light brown hair. She's has a face like a model, whereas Bailey is a more natural softer beauty, kind of like a flower.

Wait no.

Focus on the girl in front of me. Her name is Soni.

"Hey there, Sean. I had a lot of fun last night," she whisper near my ear, but still loud enough for the rest of the table to hear. The perfume she's smelling is overpowering and I can't tell if it's because she put too much or if it's the scent itself.

"How about a repeat performance?"

I open my mouth to reply, but she covers it with her own mouth and kisses me. She pulls away her teeth dragging on my bottom lip and she smiles.

"Text me" I watch her as she bites her own lip and walks away. And I'm so stoked for tonight. I might have to skip Ken's party...or maybe I'll just meet Soni there. She probably won't mind.

I turn back to the table, forgetting that I wasn't alone, and I'm met with disgusted stares from Tati and Bailey.

And because I don't know what else to do. I wink at them.

Smooth. Sean. Smooth

"Gross," Bailey blanches, "Next time maybe do that away from me while I eat." Tati nods in agreement while Ken and Gabe are too busy looking at the girls to have my back.

"Why? You guys jealous. There's plenty of me to go around."

Please insert foot in mouth. Sean.

"You wish," Bailey laughs, "I already t-"

"No, I remember. Thanks. And about that..."

"Anyway!" Ken interrupts, catching our attention. He looks directly at Bailey and leans in closer than necessary.

And there's the urge to punch him in the face again.

"Tell me about yourself Bailey," Ken smirks and Bailey blushes.

"I ..uh" she stammers and looks for Tati for help.

"She dances," Tati breaks down laughing and Bailey glares at her, picking up her napkin and throwing it at Tati.

"Okay.." Ken looks around confused and Gabe and I just shrug, "Well, I was wondering if you ladies wanted to come to a party at my place tonight?" He smirks again at the end and looks at the girl expectantly while leaning over towards Bailey again.

"No thanks," the girls chirp in unison and Bailey leans out of Ken's way, her back pressing against my shoulder. She stiffen at the contact and sits back up.

"Come on!" Ken pleads, sticking out his bottom lip which draws a giggle from Bailey, "It'll be fun"

He winks and leans in closer to Bailey, pressing their sides tightly together. I can see a blush spreading on her cheeks and I can't believe this shit is working on her. He move his arm to rest behind her, which brings him even closer to her face.

"Just for a little bit. I was really hoping you'd come. I wanna get to know you more."

He leans forward and tilts his head like he's about to kiss her, but Bailey puts her hand between them, pushing his chest until he is sitting back where he was. Tati snorts from across the table and Ken glares at her

"It's really just gonna be a hang out not too many people," He tries and looks at Bailey. They probably know that Tati is going to say no, but she'll go if Bailey goes. Gabe smiles brightly at Bailey, like a genuine smile, which works a lot better than what Ken was doing.

"Yeah, come oonnn. Pleeeaasseee." Ken whines and Bailey giggles again. I have to admit, I am a little jealous now. She is actually talking to them.

"Well, we'll think about it."

Tati's draw drops and she glares at Bailey, who just shrugs in response and smiles apologetically. Ken pumps his hands in the air, in victory, gaining a small smile from Tati and another fit of laughter from Bailey--which would probably be way cuter if I made her laugh.

Wait, what

Everything seems to slow down around me and my heart beats speeds, to a running pace. I get up quickly, tossing back a lazy a excuse of having to use the bathroom or having to meeting someone somewhere. I can't really remember. The only thing on my mind is how screwed I am.

This doesn't happen to me.

Sean Lew does not get crushes.

. A u t h o r s. N o t e

I'd love to hear what you think so far👌👌👌