Chapter 3

"What do you mean you lost her?" I said frustrated. "What I mean is that we saw her and ran toward her but when we got to the area of where she was she was gone she just disappeared." He said. "She's my mother I can't live without her I need her!" I yelled at the fireman. "I understand but miss.......wait are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah I'm just fine why are you asking?" I asked. And just like that I blacked out.

-------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to hear a monitor beeping. I look around and appear to be in a hospital room. I'm wearing an itchy hospital gown and laying on a bed with layers of blankets. I push off the blankets and hop out of the bed. I knocked down some of the chords hooked on me. Aggggggghhhhhhh I moan in pain. It hurts to be on my feet wait why does it hurt to be on my feet. I think for a moment of what just happened but then I remember. "Mom!" I say to myself.

My body fills with panic as I remember I've lost my mother. I head to the door but a nurse opens it and blocks the way. "Whoa where do you think you're going?" She asks. She has blonde hair and olive skin. What distracts me is her eyes, her bright blue eyes. Her eyes are the brightest eyes I've ever seen. "Huh?" She asks again. "What?" "We're you even listening?" She asks rudely. "Uhhhhhhhhh" I trail off. "Where do you think you're going?" She says again sternly. She seems pretty mean and strict so I figured I should just lie to her. "Oh I was just getting a snack." I said innocently.

"Why didn't you just use the button to use the call for us to come in here and get you one?" She asks. "Holy cow so full of questions!" I say with sass. "Excuse me?" She says sternly. "I mean well I didn't know about that and I feel fine so I just thought I'd better get up and get one plus I'm pretty hungry sooooo......if you could just move out of the way that'd be great." I say. "No." She says with no expression. I try and move so I can sprint past the doorframe but she moves with me. "I'll go get you something to eat if you want it that badly!" She yells at me.

"Fine, but whoever is running this facility should really care more for the patients so they can receive food and water without getting yelled at." I say with sass. "Well, I'm just the nurse so don't give me any attitude you punk!" She says. "It's called bad service and it's coming from you." I defend myself.  "Whatever." She says and rolls her eyes. As she leaves the room she gives me this mean glare and closes the door. After she closes it I hear the click of the knob. She locked it.

I walk over to the door and grab the handle struggling to open it. I sit there and jiggle it for a moment even though I know that it's locked. "Great!" I say sarcastically. I pound on the door for someone to open it and let me out but as suspected no one comes to my rescue. I look around for things light enough I can lift but heavy enough to break or open the door. I can't see anything really helpful. I keep looking around for hope but then I see it. A window.

I didn't even realize how dark it was outside. I looked at a clock on the wall and it was 1:23 a.m. I walk up to the window but before I can I feel a tug on my arm. I look at it and luckily it was just an IV in my arm. "Phew!" I sigh in relief I thought it was the cranky nurse. My eyes follow the chord connected to it and they eventually end at a bottle holding some liquid. I take the IV out of my arm with the little pinch that comes with it. "Ouch!" I yelp in pain. That wasn't very painful but enough to sting for a moment. Again my eyes follow the chord to the bottle of liquid and sitting next to that is a monitor being held by a pole and at the bottom a flat area with wheels. "Perfect!" I say out loud. I go up to it, grab the pole part and walking back to the window.

CRASH! The window shattered everywhere from the monitor I threw at it.  The noise was louder than I thought. In fact, I hear the grumpy nurses footsteps stomping by with each getting louder and louder. I decide it's now or never. Also with two options. One, I get strangled by the grumpy cat coming this way, or two I jump out to window with courage and I get my freedom. STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! Oh crap I choose number two. Right as I climb up to the window the door flies open. "That's the noise I heard!" The grumpy cat said.

"Yep bye bye." I say as I leap out the window. "Oh no you don't!" She says as I leaped out. Ooooofffff I moan as I hit the ground. "That wasn't as bad as I thought only two a two story this time!" I say to myself. I see that grumpy cat is climbing up to the window to do the same thing I did. Jump out. "I'm coming after you!" She yells from the window. Just as she was about to jump I notice something.

Luckily, I like to jump and so when I jumped I pushed forward enough to have missed a certain object that might hurt. Because If I didn't notice that thorn bush that happened to be directly under the window then that might've hurt. But a special someone didn't notice and so that someone didn't jump forward far enough and just happened to have fallen into that bush.