Chapter 41

IMPORTANT Authors note: I just wanted to appreciate all of those who have served for our country. They risk their lives everyday to fight for our freedom, they are brave, strong, kind, selfless, and honoring. Just again thank you to those are serving or already did serve, thank you to the ones who have fallen or have gotten severely injured. Thank you for letting me say the national anthem every morning, and especially, thank you thank you thank you for giving me freedom.

7:50 p.m
Skylars P.O.V

We gather at town square with all of the Expireds, family, friends, and people. I bend over and grab a megaphone, although it's really hard in my armor and protective clothing. I grab the megaphone and stand on top of the statues podium so I stand taller than the others to tell them what's going to be happening. "Alright everybody listen up! We are going to be heading to the government building and that's where we will get out out weapons, and fire. Thank you for coming here to fight with us, and to fight for your children, your family, your people, and your freedom. Now we are going to leave get as much protective clothing and armor as needed. Thank you everyone....now let's head to the government building!" I shout and everyone cheers at the end.

I'm a little nervous. Everyone starts to walk and drive to the government building so there's a huge crowd and I try to find Ben. I walk past and through all of these people and look. I finally find him and throw my arms around him. He stops walking and everyone just walks and dodges around us. "I love you." I whisper into his ear. "I love you too....try to survive for me k?" He asks. I just lean my head against his stomach and nod. I lift my head and finally give him one last kiss. I softly pull away I hug him one last time, and I run ahead. I run towards the trucks that we asked people to get to load them all. I hop into one of the side by sides, hang onto the handle, and my body leans out. "Ready?" The driver asks. Everyone in the same truck as me nods and he steps on the gas.

I keep peeking my head out of the truck to make sure the ones behind us are safe. I think of my loved ones and the people I'm pretty close too. Ben, dad, Dani, Elspeth, Zach, Ava, they're all probably back there somewhere. I didn't think about Zion though because I haven't gotten to really know her that well. I look at myself through the right side mirror. I'm wearing a black helmet a black bulletproof vest with a really tough jacket, black padded pants, and black boots, my hair is in a low ponytail. I look over to see some people in the truck. One is a girl about my age maybe a little older, she has red curly hair and it's just left down, she's wearing the same things as me except she doesn't have a bulletproof vest. I can tell she isn't wearing one because her jacket isn't as big and fat looking. There's a younger boy about eleven or twelve sitting next to her holding her hand. He looks like her but a boy and younger. Then there's me and that's the three of us in the back. The driver is wearing everything I have except his amour is camo and he's not wearing a helmet. He's has gray hair but he looks only forty. Then in the passenger seat is another man with black hair and has a lot of piercings. He's wearing the same thing as the driver, camo amor, no helmet. He'd look good with Jade.

A little later we finally get there but we leave the trucks and vehicles down the road so they won't see us. We all walk in sync like a real army would. We finally walk up to where the building is, and stand a couple yards away. Someone touches my shoulder from behind me, I turn around and it's dad. "You might need this since you are the leader pretty much." He says and hands me a megaphone. "Get to the front and tell us what to do cupcake." He says. I nod and kiss his cheek. I walk to the front of the army. "We'll all go in and shoot anyone on sight besides your fellow troops! Now let's get our freedom!" I shout and everyone stays silent. "Let's go!" I shout and we start to march in with guns in our arms. We kept marching until we reached just a couple of feet away. "Let's go!" I yelled. We all started running into the building. I was the first one to run in and they were ready for us because as soon as I entered they started shooting at me from the balcony that is noticeable from the second you enter the room.

"Take cover!" I shouted and ran under the balcony. As I took cover a bunch of other people followed me under the balcony for cover and few have fallen. "We can't hide here while our troops get shot let's fire!" I scream and start rapidly shooting at the men on the balcony. I shot one and his body fell to the ground. I immediately drop the gun and my hands go over my mouth in shock. I just killed someone. I just ripped a body off of this Earth like we all prayed for not to happen. I drop to the ground while the troops attack, and shoot men on the balcony. I start to cry. Get a hold of yourself Skylar you need this freedom! Now get up there and fight!

I run up the balcony while multiple people shoot at me. I try to dodge and duck every one I can and surprisingly don't get shot. I shoot at them while the troops behind me do the same, until all the men and women are cleared on the floor. "Alright everyone second floor head to the elevators! Also prepare because they are ready for you so shoot rapidly as soon as the door opens!" I yell. I head to the elevator with a bunch of people. "Get your weapons ready, they're prepared." I say. Everyone is ready and prepared. The elevator dings and the doors slowly open. They start shoot at us and people all around me collapse to the ground. I shoot rapidly everywhere. Almost everyone on the floor except our troops are gone but we all just surround the room. Til they're all gone. "Third floor everybody!" I shout. We all head to the elevators. "Get ready. We have one more floor after this." I say. The elevator dings the door open and I shoot. I back up and go to a corner of a room.

Something grabs me and drags me to the elevators on the other side of the room. I turn around and it's a man from the government. I scream and he covers my mouth. He slaps the "close" button multiple times and before anyone can help me the doors close. As we slowly go up I see Ben and he screams and starts shooting the elevator box that we're in. The man uncovers my hand and sets a gun against my temple. "Don't try anything." He says. As we rise to the fourth floor. The doors slowly open and multiple government men have guns ready on me in case I do try anything. "Take her for the broadcast." A man says and the man with the gun held on me nods. We go into the room where Ben, dad, and I broadcasted. "Alright princess we're gonna tell you what to say in the broadcast, and your gonna say them or I'll shoot." The man says. "Okay." I reply with no expression. "Your not scared?" He asks. "No I'm not scared." I reply and he sits me in the chair and many men accompany us in the broadcasting room. All of them with guns aimed at me. The man with the gun at me backs up, but his gun still aimed at me.

"Alright broadcasting in three....two....one." a women says and points at me. "Hello my fellow troops." The gunman tells me to say and I do it, I repeat every word. "So as you know I'm held here captive. And if you don't turn down your weapons they're shooting me." I repeat. "So turn down your weapons right now. Give up. We live the same again." He tells me to say. "So......." I trail off. "So turn down your weap-" "So keep fighting! Thank you all for serving!" I hurry and spit out because they shoot me in the stomach and pain fills it. I grab my stomach until my vision goes completely black.

Authors note: Hope you liked this chapter! This is a little extra than a normal chapter is, but still hope you enjoyed it! It was really fun to write and it's full of action. Question of the day, do you think killing the people of the government is right? Comment what you think and why you think it. Remember to vote, read, comment, and share to get Expired to win a Watty! Thanks readers!